1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic Game of Thrones returns

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Jul 5, 2017.

1. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

You grown a pair and read my spoiler yet? <whistle>

2. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Sure that will just spoil his day and his opinion of you rather than his enjoyment of the series!

3. Joelinton's Right Foot

Joelinton's Right Foot Worth Every Penny
    Forum Moderator

I'm all up to date now so no point :)

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  4. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

I know how Nev feels about me. He worships me :)

5. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Is Chaos about? Need a mafia game going soon.

6. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

I marginally preferred the fight with the Night King over the Battle of the Bastads, but both sensational.

However, I am less than impressed with some of the stories this season. Whilst the pace has picked up it will inevitably slow down to incorporate Sansa/Baelish & Snow/Daenerys love trysts, but that's not the main issue so far. In just three episodes we've developed huge holes and stupid cameos; the Ed Sheeran thing was vomit-inducingly bad. Underage/Tiny Arya happens across some "soldiers", singing with Ed Sheeran, who happen to be the only soldiers in Westeros who don't have that 'rapey' feeling. In episode 2 she then can't even act "pie eating" very well to learn she has to go North. Then in episode 3 she faces a pack of hungry wolves, mistakenly believes the big one to be her long-dead pet Nymeria, who inexplicably doesn't eat her or the horse. Ridiculous.

Other plot-canyons (holes is too small a word) include:

- Some (not all) of the Lannisters army defeating the ENTIRE of Highgarden (the richest house, in that massive castle on the mountain) in about half an hour.
    - Jorah Mormont being "cured" of Greyscale (essentially Leprosy on steroids) with a book, a knife and some savlon in slightly more time it took Jaime to kill House Tyrell.
    - Euron Greyjoy beatng his niece with ease, in less ships with less men.
    - Theon escaping into the sea and being found by the same guys who'd just been beaten (still don't get that one)
    - Daenery refusing to attack Kings Landing for fear of killing some people in the forthcoming war (which she will do in the end anyway), but in the process happily letting HIghgarden, the Iron Fleet and a load of Unsullied get killed.
    - Mark Gatiss (Sherlock Holmes' brother) rocking up as The Iron Bank to Cersei to ask for his money back, only to then accept the aggressive nonsense she spouted as legal tender and letting her off.

So all in all it's as if Michael Bay has taken over director duty. Entertaining enough, but don't pay too much attention.

7. Lord Jonjomort

Chaos doesn't do Mafia games, he does Chaos games.

I might do a GOT themed mafia game.

8. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

1.That was Nymeria. She now commands an army of wolves.
    2. Of course Euron defeated Yara easily. The book version makes Ramsay Bolton look like a little boy. He's a psychopath.
    3. Cersei told the banker that he'd have the money within a fortnight.

Maybe try reading the books. They've left a lot of key info out.

9. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Now you're talking.

10. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Yea i didn't like some of those holes but did a bit of reading and the following:

- ****ing Euron and his ships, hated this plot hole how he just magically built a 1000 more ships after yara nicked them all. Also his radar on the fleets and how quick they travelled is so dumb. The only way they can get out of this is if Varys or if Missandre were spies and leaking the info to Cersei. Even then him building all those fleets is dumb

- As Valley said, the Cersei asked the iron bank to wait 2 weeks whilst she pays them back

- I didn't like Highgarden going down so easily, but it sort of makes sense. In the episode before Cersei invited a load of Tyrells to backstab Olenna so i believe they didn't act and it was just Olenna and her army. Also Tarly is a super general apparantly.

- Jorah being cured isn't that farfetched in a show about dragons.

11. Lord Jonjomort

I've read up to halfway through Feast for Crows, but it grew too tiresome meeting a load of other underdogs and endlessly following the Onion Knight, thank you very much. Not sure of your point on Ramsay? The books came first, so they define the character, not the TV Series. What's that got to do with Euron vs Yara?

I also have ears as well as eyes, so heard what Cersei said. It just felt like what it was - a small but convenient sub-plot to Lannister pillaging Tyrell. Which didn't play out anything like realistically.

12. Lord Jonjomort

Sure, I was being over-critical with the Iron Bank, but I just loathe Cersei is all - seems odd nobody puts her in the same category as Aegon the Mad King......

Highgarden was complete crap. It's on a mountain, they're the wealthiest house by far and a soldier is a soldier. Both Tarly and Jaime are great generals, but Highgarden - like Casterly Rock - couldn't be taken so easily the traditional way. It's just a bit of a "let's just quickly get this bit done for TV".

As for Jorah, there's an entire place where "The Stone Men" are sent to die. Archmaester can't cure it. Yet good ol' Sam can, for Jorah. And the first thing they do isn't train everyone to save a load of Stone Men. Nope. First thing they do is get Sam to copy some books.....

It's struggling without George Martin's writing. They've gone off piste from the books for the purposes of TV - lord knows nobody would watch if we just had the onion Knight wandering around talking politics - but they're rushing it too much

13. BobbyD

BobbyD President

I think they are showing that Cersei is a mad queen hence Olenna mouthing off

As for Highgarden crap, Olenna is rich but if all the soldiers of the other Tyrells didn't support her after Cersei persuaded them that Dany was a bigger tyrant and that Olenna isn't thinking straight and only out for revenge, then her army would be tiny ala the Starks (until Jon united the north). Seems reasonable to me

They are rushing it a lot though.

14. Charlie Dogscock

Charlie Dogscock Well-Known Member

7.2 totally rocked, a contender for one of the best, 7.3 was a slight come down after that.

In no particular order, my top 5 episodes are probably Watchers On The Wall, Hardholme, The Winds Of Winter, Stormborn and Valar Morghulis.

15. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

I won't be totally happy unless I see DT's labia.

JakartaToon likes this.
  16. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Apparently the next episode is up on kodi 3 days early...

17. leez

leez Well-Known Member

on showbox or terrarium tv u recon m8

18. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Just heard off a dude mate. Aren't about to watch it at the mo. That's all I know.

leez likes this.
  19. ToonJam

ToonJam Member

I've just watched it absolutely immense episode but I would recommend waiting till Monday to get the full picture quality as it was ok but not the best quality. But honestly be prepared to get blown away.

20. Seabass

Seabass Well-Known Member

I've just started watching season 1. Bit late to the party I know! We are 5 episodes in. Quite addicted!