1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Gaffer's "State of the Nation" Delivery

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Jul 23, 2017.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Speaking out for the first time pre-season, Jokanovic clearly shows his frustration at the current size of our squad.

In this moment it’s a little bit complicated for us. Against West Ham I could use only 14 players, today only 15 players. A typical pre-season is planned for 20-22 players, but I didn’t find this situation."

please log in to view this image

He goes on to explain why he has had to play key players sparingly and not use formations he'd ideally like. Being a tad more constrained than in the past about our 'recruitment panel' he nonetheless makes public his expectations of them:

I expect the board of the Club are going to bring in some people who are going to support us."

Here's a link to his full interview on the Club site:

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/july/22/head-coach-reaction

From a fan's perspective it's quite difficult to comprehend why the Board have not learned lessons from the past. Our defence has been a weakness for years yet no action has been taken to strengthen. We haven't had a recognised striker in years. Even if players come in now, and perhaps this is worst of all to understand, they simply will not be ready to fit in when the season starts.

Super Brian McBride likes this.
  2. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Seems a similar situation to last pre season when the gaffer wasn't happy at the slow progress in getting new players in. Easy to see why he'd be frustrated though, the squad is really looking a bit thin and we've still not strengthened in key areas.

I'd like to hope the club are looking to address this and fast. Fulham have a track record of announcing surprise signings, we had a few last year. So I hope there may be a few announcements next week.

3. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Agree 100%
    It has to be said it is a failure of the Board to supply the required players in time for the coach to progress. You have to ask is the mechanism for recruiting players working and where the problems need fixing.
    The club have lost the opportunity (again) to give the coach time to bed new players during the pre-season, he will now have to integrate new players during the opening months of the season. Jokanovic will also have to contend with new players not being match fit for at least the first 6 weeks after being bought or loaned in and also interruptions of International breaks will cause more interference.