1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Funny how things turn out!

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Ashbees Plums, Feb 1, 2011.

1. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

Was just looking at a programme from the 2007/8 season. Damien Delaney is on the front cover! The game was against Preston, Andy Carroll is listed at 21 on the squad list for them. What made me chuckle was this little snippet in the teamtalk page:
    'Brown backing Folan to shine!
    Phil Brown believes that working with the 25 year old is an exciting prospect.
    ''Caleb has got a great opportunity to become a legend at this fooball club. He's got all the attributes- fantastic pace, great ability, and hopefully that will be coupled with the good coaching he will receive here. I can't wait to start working with him properly!''
    :rolleyes:

2. whitehurst

whitehurst Member

To be fair he did have that opportunuity,he has what PB said (with the possible exception of the coaching),unfortunately he didn't use his attributes wisely and his poor attitude and fragility have taken him to where he is now,on a treatment table every day for what seems like an eternity,with a dead leg!Such a wuss for such a big man.

3. Ashbees Plums

Ashbees Plums Member

I don't think Rambo Billy Whitehurst would approve of Caleb somehow!

4. galvinshuffle

galvinshuffle New Member

He looked great in the first half at Blackpool. Then he got injured and that was that.