1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham v Crusaders

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by WhatDoesWoyWant?, Jul 21, 2011.

1. toshchamberlainsmate

toshchamberlainsmate Well-Known Member

Duffer sets up big Bobby

2. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Yet another great move from Duff, and Sidley gets his.

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

4-0. I don't want to get too cocky, but I think we're going to squeeze through to the next round.

Frei and the youngster Etuhu on for AJ and Sidwell. I'd still like to see Trotta tonight.

4. toshchamberlainsmate

I think Siddy has been told he's expected to get goals. He workede hard tonight. Whole team starting to look fitter

5. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Crumbs, I didn't realise Riise the Younger was 28, thought he was a bit younger.

6. Captain Morgan

Yes, tosh, although Bobby's looking tired. He's going to have to last the 90 as well - Riise the Younger has just replaced his big bro.

7. toshchamberlainsmate

I only said fitTER, Capt. not yet fit.

8. Captain Morgan

It's all relative, Tosh. Compared to me, Jol is looking quite trim.

9. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

10. Captain Morgan

All over. Another professional display, but with a bit more luck in front of goal. Duff seemed to get a knock right at the end. Hope it's not serious. Assuming he's okay, there's no downside to tonight. The journey continues!

11. toshchamberlainsmate

Yes I saw that Knock - -hope it's just routine. MoM = Duffer

12. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

Agreed with all. Props to the Crues for showing spirit until the end. Bring on the next round!

13. GeraScores

GeraScores Well-Known Member

Good to here we got 4. How did the kids get on?

14. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

Only Briggs started. Frei looks lively but not long enough on the pitch to make a conclusion.

A point on Briggs. I have a feeling that Jol is trying to turn Briggs into Bale... They have similar build and the guy is not scared to take on people. Your thoughts?

15. Bidley

Bidley Well-Known Member

I did think it was strange that Briggs was starting along with four other defenders. He did well yesterday, and we could do with a younger winger. Let's hope this is an inspired move by Big Marty.

16. WhatDoesWoyWant?

We had great fun at the game last night

My son loved the four goals.

Did anyone in the Hammy end see that Irish bloke get taken out by the police?

He pulled a Ireland flag out and started winding the home fans up! What a head-case

17. frogman27

frogman27 Member

only saw about 30 mins of the first half. i thought we were really impressive. i know it is against a small team like crusaders, but you still have to perform. for me that was arguable the most balanced looking team we have had for along time. agree entirely with he comments about briggs, he looked very good in midfield. hughes kooked solid at r.back and senderos was impressive alongside hangeland. aj is already benefitting from mj's attacking stlye, great to see wingers so high up the pitch with bz dropping off. for me dembele will play this role more often with bz as the main striker, throw demps into the mix and we could have a very exciting stlye of footie.

18. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Yes definately right there Frog, can't wait for Demps amd Dembele to get back in the mix.

We looked good tonight, good passing and running.

Starting to get a good football pattern going.

This will surely only benefit us starting so early for when the prem season starts

19. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Does anyone know how they divide the Europa cash for the games we have played in the preliminary rounds.
    ie : does each team keep its home gate or is it divided between the clubs after UEFA have had their rack-off ?
    Two good gates at home so far, but a even split would help clubs like NSI & Crusaders to finance their european trips, otherwise after 1 game you would think they would make a financial loss.

20. Penguin

Penguin Member

I agree with Froggie. I thought we looked really good, admitted against weaker opposition (although I also agree that the Crusaders played well and with a really good spirit). It was the performance and result we needed to say to the rest of the teams in the competition that we're contenders and that we mean business.

Many positives from the team including Briggs who, as others have said, clearly forms part of Jol's plans for the season and Sidwell who was desperate for a goal and played a very dominant role - I think he sees himself as a future captain. Duff was as good as ever and I think we can expect another good season from him and goals from AJ (whatever our views on him) and Bobby mean their shooting boots are well polished and ready for big totals (hopefully!)

Only negatives that I saw were Hughes as fullback - I'm a huge fan of his but he's not great in that role - but maybe he'll improve, and Etuhu who was, frankly, poor and unlike his usual self.

Finally, I was right at the front of H4 and although we heard a lot of "Sit down shut up" from the back we didn't know the cause of it so thanks for clearing that up.