1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fulham home boxing day

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

SD, you missed super Douglas though!<laugh><laugh>ffs!

2. San Diego

San Diego Sir Mediator
    Forum Moderator

Why, did he do something? (he said sarcastically, knowing full well that he probably contributed nowt)

I didn't concentrate on the match fully, was busy eating breakfast and getting ready to drive an hour east to play in the snow!
    Normally I would be postponing going anywhere until after the match, but now I'm less bothered about missing it.

Sad to say that, I don't like it.

3. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

We were absolutely terrible. Fans go to football to be entertained, even by some stroke of luck if we would've won the game that's simply not good enough.

I have a few points to make:

* I'm pretty much in the Mick out camp now, it's worth the risk than having to watch that uninspiring unimaginative crap ever again!!
    * Why are the youngsters always the fool guys in this situation? Considering its MEs strategy to introduce academy players he's certainly got the wrong man at the helm.
    * Mick has ruined Sears by putting him on the wing, he just looks bereft of any talent now. My mate who came to the game said what happened to that fast bloke who Ipswich had upfront who was quite good, my response was he's actually playing, he couldn't believe it
    * Bart has grown into a top top GK
    * We actually don't have a bad team, it's Mick tactics that beat any creativity imagination or intent out of them.
    * Webster looks like he's going to be a great CB
    *Pitman should never player the target man upfront by himself
    * We are an unimaginative, boring, spoiling anti football team who don't deserve the number of fans coming out to watch them even if we were winning how can you expect someone to sit through that?

However the biggest things that we need to change is the midfield and Fulham yesterday showed how it should be done. Whilst Douglas and Skuse look like terrible players again I think it's the tactics rather than the personnel which are the problem:
    * Our midfielders never show for the ball meaning the player on the ball often has no options and there for loses it or has to hoof it.
    *It's like our midfield are there for one purpose only to break up play. They are given no responsibility to pass the ball or be brave on it. Mick has beaten the creativity out of the players
    * Do we actually practice passing and moving on the training ground? If we do and therefore our coaching team should be sacked.

I think Mick is a good manager at this level however he's tried to move us onto the next level by getting some better more technical players in but he's deployed the same tactics and these players aren't as good as the big bruisers and workhorses at doing it who we used to have.

Mick needs to go, the fans deserve to get their money's worth. Yes we're in a results business but what attracts people to football is the entertainment side of it, if youngsters aren't entertertained they'll go follow some other sport or team and who could blame them?!!

4. Nuggets

Nuggets Well-Known Member

Douglas on fire, your defence is terrified ...

I was in the lower North Stand yesterday and that was one of the worst games of football I've seen us play. It was also one of the most toxic atmospheres I've witnessed at a football match. Shouts for McCarthy and Evans to leave.

I'll have to agree. Time for change, time for new blood, time for a different style of football. If you took Bart and Webster out of that six man defence (including Skuse and Douglas), then we'd have lost that 5 or 6-0. Results have abandoned us, we still play long ball, and the crowd is against the manager.

Get someone new in, drop the favourites (Chambers, Knudsen, Skuse, Douglas, and Sears) and start playing talented, committed footballers in their place.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2016
  5. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

Was in Belfast for xmas and was taken to see Linfield v Glentoran at Windsor park. A lot of similarities with Ipswich, hoof it up the pitch and hope, not much quality although some of the tackles were quite interesting. When I thought it couldn't get any worse, linfield brought on a sub....Josh Carson. He now can't even get in to the 1st 11 of a semi-pro team. At least I saw a couple of goals

6. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

I bet it was a damned sight cheaper than going to Portman Road!

7. fieldmarshall

fieldmarshall Well-Known Member

The worst display I've ever seen by a Town team home or away, I can forgive a lack of quality because quite simply better players make a better team but the lack of fight, passion, and a general failure in all departments ( except Bart ) turned this into a Fulham practice match keep ball session without any challenges or tackles being made by our mid field.
    Such a spineless pathetic performance should make our second rate players hang their heads in shame for they must take the blame as well as the management and if there is to be a change of manager I hope the new person will take a look at a tape of this and some of our other pitiful displays this season and make it plain to Evans that there must be a radical overhaul of our squad to achieve anything better.
    I keep hearing people saying that on paper this is a strong squad, really? Are you serious? We have sold anybody worth having for huge profits and invested peanuts in replacement players so the team gets weaker and the players get older, I don't care who the manager is I just don't want a situation where we make the same mistake as we did with the Magilton, Keane, and Jewell fiasco making us progressively worse with every new appointment.
    Wake up Evans for Christ's sake before we are relegated and the gates sink to sub 10,000, and if you're not really interested then sell up so we can have owners who are.

8. Roystonblue

Roystonblue Well-Known Member

Kids season ticket is £10 - something Marcus Evans / Ian Milne need to take a look at IMO. Adult season ticket is £150 & you get the same hoofball as you do at Ipswich but you do get some fights thrown in as well

9. Spanish

Spanish Well-Known Member

Poor appointment in the first place, cant believe people wanted MM!
    Before anyone says it, who's to say that any other manager wouldn't have kept us up?
    The biggest problem now is getting rid of MM, there needs to be a boycott, against brizzle, and everyone stay away but that will never happen. That would be the best way to help the club, not continue to watch, coz whilst the fans are continuing to go...... Evans is happy!

johnnywarksmoustache likes this.