1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FSF - National Supporters Survey 2017 launched

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Jun 5, 2017.

1. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Every few years we hold a national supporters survey to assess the state of the game and its fans - and you can fill in the 2017 National Supporters Survey now.

The last of these censuses was carried out in 2012 with more than 4,000 supporters from 130 different clubs – Arsenal to Afan Lido, Wolves to Welling United – completing our survey, giving us a snapshot of supporters’ views up and down the game.

Football and football supporters have moved on significantly in the intervening five years – particularly the way we talk to and about our clubs through social media and watch matches across various digital platforms. We’re also interested to see what hasn’t changed: do fans still back video technology? Are they still against the idea of a winter break?

The 2012 football fan – what did we think?

Results from the 2012 census have some interesting oddities (remember Team GB? Only 56.7% of fans said they’d be supporting Team GB at the 2012 Olympics) as well as some issues that remain timeless – TV meddling with kick-off times, policing, travel and beyond.

Here’s a sample of some of the results:

• Back in 2012 91.5% of fans supported the choice between sitting and standing at a match – we doubt much has changed there!
    • 51.2% and 58.5% had watched a match via illegal streams in a pub or at home on the internet respectively
    • Only 12.4% thought holding FA Cup semi-finals at Wembley Stadium was a good idea
    • A large majority of supporters agreed that video technology should be used to help referees (79.9%)
    • Just over half of football fans, 51.6%, thought swearing and similar types of abuse was part of watching football.
    What do you think about the state of the game?

With the domestic season over we think it’s a great time for fans to reflect on the game today and tell us what they think.

We want to know how many matches you go to, if you’re part of any fan groups, whether you volunteer, what do you consume news about your club and much more.

Chief executive Kevin Miles said: “When it comes to the health of the game there’s no-one whose opinion matters more than that of football supporters.

“Our National Supporters Survey is the largest of its kind, canvassing the views of supporters up and down the country. We want fans to tell us what really matters to them in 2017.”

Despite being a comprehensive survey covering a range of topics, it should take the average user around eight to ten minutes to complete.

The results of the survey will be published before the start of the 2017-18 season.

Scroll down to the bottom for for the link to the survey...

http://www.fsf.org.uk/latest-news/view/national-supporters-survey-2017-launched

2. John Ex Aberdeen now E.R.

John Ex Aberdeen now E.R. Well-Known Member

Already did it over the weekend, well worth doing IMO.

PLT and Sir Cheshire Ben like this.
  3. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Good that we're still called Hull City in the survey.

Howden Tigress and Kempton like this.
  4. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

So what's changed due to the FSF since 2012? The highlights they've picked out...
    • Back in 2012 91.5% of fans supported the choice between sitting and standing at a match – we doubt much has changed there!
      • No change in either views or in the fact we still can't stand, legally
    • 51.2% and 58.5% had watched a match via illegal streams in a pub or at home on the internet respectively
      • Almost certainly no change, unless it's higher. Nothing has been done about it, like letting fans legally watch their teams on telly/PCs
    • Only 12.4% thought holding FA Cup semi-finals at Wembley Stadium was a good idea
      • Probably lower, or sameish. Still happening.
    • A large majority of supporters agreed that video technology should be used to help referees (79.9%)
      • Still not happening despite it being a ****ing travesty.
    • Just over half of football fans, 51.6%, thought swearing and similar types of abuse was part of watching football.
      • That'll be the same too. Other than lip service to it, nothing is really done to stop it. It's part of the game innit?
    I know they do some good supporting fans groups but what's the bigger things they've achieved on our behalf? I'm not trolling btw, I'm serious, there must be stuff, I can't understand why they've not highlighted it.

5. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

The fixing of Premier League away tickets at £30.

Happy Tiger likes this.
  6. Happy Tiger

Happy Tiger Well-Known Member

Aha yeah, good point. Fair play to that too, although I still believe 20 is plenty.

Owt else?

7. dennisboothstash

dennisboothstash Well-Known Member

I'm going to do it...to make sure the vote swings firmly away from the ridiculous notion of using video technology

Sir Cheshire Ben likes this.
  8. dennisboothstash

Done

Video technology OUT

9. originallambrettaman

Staff Member

The requirement for senior people at each club to meet with their fans on a regular basis.

10. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I'm not massively against it myself but I do think its importance is greatly overestimated. There's so much bigger issues in football. Even if you want to address refereeing decisions, this will only address the big decisions which make it onto MOTD, but as a fan there's more frustrating injustices in football. The grappling at set pieces, the matches where every little foul goes against your team because you're playing against a certain club or because their fans moan a lot, the guy that gets away with a clear dive without a yellow card and then later gets booked for a bad tackle... then scores the winner. Video tech would only solve a tiny number of problems, but the ones that make the headlines.

11. dennisboothstash

Oh I like all those other things
    ...they give me stuff to moan about!

12. Sir Cheshire Ben

Sir Cheshire Ben Well-Known Member

That's two of us, a clear majority.