1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Freddy eastwood

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by Charlton till I die, Jun 2, 2011.

1. Charlton till I die

Heard from a source that we are going to sign freddy Eastwood but 1.3million I think that this wouldn't be a bad move but not sure about the money also heard that Southampton want Jackson be we will only sell for more than 1mil good bit of bussiness

2. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

This rumour started on Football-Rumours 24 hours ago... I wouldn't read in to it.

That said, I would love Eastwood to sign.

3. CarrianCarcuss

CarrianCarcuss Active Member

Wouldn't really want Eastwood to sign don't rate him, however Reading have released Ingimarsson. I think he could be the solution to a defencive problems if we could get him, also Mooney is now available on a free transfer ;)

4. J-VFR

J-VFR New Member

There was a similar rumour last and it was a load of rubbish. And I can almost guarantee that we won't be spending that much on just one player.

5. J-VFR

J-VFR New Member

last year*

6. ForEverAnAddick

J-VFR is right we definately wouldnt be spending 1.3mil on one player unless it was someone with a amazing goal scoring record like le fondre... Always liked Eastwood, he would do a good for us in league 1 but 1.3mil is way too expensive for him!

7. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

We don't have £1.3 million to spend combined- I would be surprised if we didn't have half of that. It's not a bad thing, many good freebies to be had as highlighted in another thread.

8. Nathcafcbysea

Nathcafcbysea Member

Cody McDonald in talks with us and looks promising

Freddie Eastwood is not on our radar for that price..

A guy from re academy says semedo has a pre contract agreement with palace..?

Paul Hayes contract talks this weekend (heard any different Franco?)

Paul benson knows he prob won't get another chance play at higher level so is interested in a higher league club

Ross worner has signed for aldershot on a two year deal today! Good luck to the lad!

Adam Smith is a new name I'll thrown in there, out of contract at Bournemouth.. Looks like a raid on them!

9. Nathcafcbysea

Nathcafcbysea Member

And I'm quite happy daillys contract talks have stopped for the time being, as both cafc and daily are looking at options!

10. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

Hadn't heard about Worner signing at Aldershot :)

Really hope Semedo doesn't sign for Palace :( any idea who Benson wants to join?

11. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Where did you hear about McDonald? I have it on good authority he is talking with Peterborough depending what happens with CMS..

12. WWOCB

WWOCB Active Member

Super, does that mean he's the 'big money signing' Peterborough are going on about?

13. Nathcafcbysea

Nathcafcbysea Member

So looks like he's in Talks with us both then! It is paper "gossip" that one Kent news? But he does have links apparently with powelly?

14. Butterfield

Butterfield Well-Known Member

i doubt we have 1.3 mil to spend on one player

15. MartinhoCAFC

MartinhoCAFC Member

I think the board would spend £1.3m if it was for a promising youngster we could guarantee to sell on for a profit

never heard of Cody McDonald

16. Belvedere to Charlton and back again!

What position does that adam smith play for Bournemouth? If Beno does leave us it wont be a great loss, Cody Mcdonald is just as good if not better imo.

17. Nathcafcbysea

Nathcafcbysea Member

Adam smith is a defender either right or left back, he was on loan at Bournemouth last season from Spurs. My understanding is he's out of contract

18. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

Nothing new to add to what I wrote the other day Nath. My brother in law will give me a a bell as and when there are any developments...

It's as much of a cert as you get in football these days though mate. I know for a fact he really wants to return back down south and add that to the fact he as good as signed fo us on loan last season before Preston pulled the plug on the move.

19. Nathcafcbysea

Nathcafcbysea Member

Wicked, it be good to get someone who actually wants to play for the club. I can see this signing being the end of benson perhaps? Whether that be too the higher club or d&r!

And on twitter (yes twitter)! News seems to have broken from somewhere that Jose HAS signed for palace.....

20. Franco5

Franco5 Well-Known Member

I fear you may be right Nath...

The only thing that worries me if Benno goes is that we will be putting all our eggs in one basket, by putting the pressure solely on BWP to scoe the goals required for us to mix it at the business end of the league.

Whatever people say about Benno, he is without doubt a goalscorer. Yes Hayes will add to our squad because he is able to link midfield and attack, but I'm afraid he will not get anywhere close to the tally of goals we have come to expect from Benno.