1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Forster

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by SaintsNumber7, Jan 15, 2017.

1. SaintsNumber7

SaintsNumber7 Active Member

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/15126/10730423/peps-bravo-dilemma

Interesting stat in this article, Forster having the second worst save % for keepers who have played minimum of 10 games this season.

Do we think this is Fraser playing worse as mentioned by some or just the complete opposite luck that we are experiencing up the other end whereby the shots we are facing are flying in the corners i.e. Robson-Kanu?

2. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

I think that he is definately suffering from a lack of confidence, which is being transmitted on the pitch by a lack of authority.
    We don't have much option but to keep playing him or risk putting a rookie in goal.

3. stjohnson

stjohnson Active Member

Forster hasn't been pulling off heroic saves but for me he looks ok , it is frustrating that most shots on target seem to go in against us , that said Fraser looked in decent form against liverpool. I think people need to remember Forster is one of Englands top keepers

4. Saints14

Saints14 Active Member

he seems to be injured right now doesn't dive, can't get down low in time! needs a rest hopefully Mccarthy is fit again very very soon

5. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

Hasn't been brilliant of late but no doubting he is a top keeper.

6. Mikey

Mikey Well-Known Member

I think he's actually been pretty bad and cost us almost double-figure points by now but not a reason for panic yet so not much that can be done. Shame McCarthy is injured as a rest would probably be good for him.

7. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Still think he is injured. But we have no one else so he has to play.

VVD likes this.
  8. Libby

Libby 9-0

This pretty much sums it up for me.

Though I've never rated Forster as high as other Saints fans seem to.

Always maintained that for such a presence he doesn't dominate his area as well as he should.

Just think we're seeing it more this year as our defence isn't amongst the best in the league.

Dell Boy likes this.
  9. Onionman

Onionman Well-Known Member

He protects his right leg all the time during games. I suspect he's carrying an injury.

Also didn't help when the Northam started giving him ironic cheers for kicking and catching crosses. I do wonder who thinks that's a good idea.

Vin

davecg69 likes this.
  10. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

I said very early in the season that I believed him to be injured. I think this is having an effect.

However, cries of Forster is **** that we have had on the Board and I heard "Forster doesn't even walk like a keeper" shouted at the ground this season, are totally uncalled for.

Saints fans aren't great judges of keepers. Stekkers wasn't as bad as people made out. A disastrous 1-6 cup game clouded views there. He was ok. A lot of our fans seem Incapable of not letting results effect a view.

davecg69 likes this.

11. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

I agree....he isn't himself this season. I think he looked better than he really is last season because the defence/defensive midfield was stronger, but he is still a good keeper. A team like us find it very hard to get and keep a good second keeper....they'd rather play or sit on the bench at a bigger club...Stek imo was a terrific back up (for a team at our level). Poor old Forster has to play with no serious uninjured competition....wouldn't happen to an outfield player.

12. Osvaldorama

Osvaldorama Well-Known Member

Forster is getting a lot of stick, when in reality he isn't the problem.

13. garysfc

garysfc Well-Known Member

Obviously the Northam (some of). Maybe it could be considered as constructive criticism? Is he above that? Maybe a bit of a boot up the backside to achieve the better performances that he obviously should / can attain. Personally I don't condone but hey, everyone to their opinion.

14. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Never helps...either depresses the player or gives him a chip on his shoulder as he knows what he is going through and we don't. Forster may have cost us a few points (don't know because I haven't seen enough games), but he isn't responsible for the othet end of the pitch. Booing never helps and should only be reserved for players who couldn't care less (and that isn't the case here).

15. saintsfcfan

saintsfcfan Well-Known Member

I agree he could be doing better, but this would be a far less talked-about subject if our attacking players justified their extortionate wages.

16. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

I'd still rather have an injured Forster than a fully fit Stek. Stek was dreck.

thereisonlyoneno7 likes this.
  17. Clem Fandango

Clem Fandango Well-Known Member

He looks like he wants to cry and it makes me sad. I hope things get better for him (and us).

18. garysfc

garysfc Well-Known Member

Yeah his body language is awful. It's never been great; I remember last year when he was on that 0 goals conceded run & he wouldn't acknowledge the crowd. Don't think he did himself any favours there.

19. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

By showing us how focused he is on the game at hand? If fans react bad to that, fans need to grow up.

20. Saints Fan4Life

Saints Fan4Life Well-Known Member

I expect these "fans" have been spoilt by Tadic applauding the ground every time his song is sung. Tadic is a one off, you rarely see it.