1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Forster Boo-Boys

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Saints Fan4Life, Dec 28, 2016.

1. Clem Fandango

Clem Fandango Well-Known Member

I'm a little tired of going to St Mary's. If I do I never stand in the Northam anymore. The disillusion set in with the racist abuse of Wanyama. The booing of our own players is pathetic. The Pompey songs are just sad.

AshbySaint likes this.
  2. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

So long as you weren't the bloke who trod on my foot, stopped suddenly right in front of me when something on the pitch caught his attention, then kicked my 86 year old dad's stick away, it's alright.

3. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

With you right up til the last sentence there Ides. One day I will be able to 'like' an entire post of yours, rather than just half of one <ok>

The Ides of March likes this.
  4. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Don't wish Lallana harm and will be pleased if he does well for England, but will never cheer him in a PL match.

5. The Ides of March

The Ides of March Well-Known Member

Thanks Archers!!

6. Craig smith

Craig smith Well-Known Member

Too busy stopping grown men and women pushing my boy down the steps from row nn to stand on anyone's feet or kick anyone's stick,hence the problem of no ****ing respect for anyone young or old.

Archers Road likes this.
  7. SAINTDON13

SAINTDON13 Well-Known Member

On the thread subject, Solent said that Fraser pulled up sharp again while making one of his hashed clearances, there has to be some kind of ongoing injury, should he be risking it and making it worse?

8. frankimus

frankimus Active Member

I'm standing up for Forster.

The sarcastic cheering and booing seems to have been brought on by his weakness in first time kicking. Fair enough, every player is allowed to have a weakness in their game and im sure he's working hard to rectify it. However this weakness is being massively exploited because the rest of the team seem intent on booting the ball back to him at every opportunity this season instead of doing something positive.

It doesnt take Einstein to figure out that if a keeper is nervous about receiving pass backs to clear, dont pepper his goal mouth with pass backs.

SAINTDON13 likes this.
  9. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Does the booing reflect the general unhappiness of fans with the team. Always hard being a goalie...mistakes lead to goals....but such errors are exaggerated when we aren't scoring. I do wonder if the fans that boo have been spoilt by the Leihberr era....perhaps they have a sense of entitlement. Never helps and is never warranted...pretty sure that Forster's mistakes aren't deliberate (that would be the only valid reason to boo).

10. steve79

steve79 Well-Known Member

Bang. Nail on head