1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Forget about Hazard, Costa and Courtois

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, May 1, 2017.

1. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Ake played about 10 minutes against Everton when the game was won and in place of Luiz, not Cahill! Cahill played in 2 of the 3, Alonso in all of them. Cahill scored 2 vital goals in the games he played. How exactly were you right!?!??!

2. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

FA Cup. I called it Conte needs to freshen things up or kiss cup & title good bye.

Wasn't I right. Ake's was pivotal. We could have dropped points in last 10 mins at Goodison <ok>

3. chelsea - over 100 years of history

No, you were not right, you've been saying for weeks that Cahill and Alonso being played will cost us the title. Well Cahill started the last 2 league games which we both won and he scored important goals in both. Alonso played all 3. Ake only played the cup semi cos Cahill was injured and both goals (albeit brilliant goals) were from his side. You'd be slating Cahill if roles were reversed for those goals, especially Kane's.

ifs and maybes re Goodison, but still irrelevant as it was Luiz he came on for. Cahill was part of the Defence that kept a clean sheet for 90 minutes, not 10.

I like Ake but the way you go on you'd think he was Maldini.

4. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Kane's glanced header was a fluke. It is not like Ake was outjumped or out fought in a battle.
    Ake ain't Maldini, yet!!
    But
    When I wished Cahill speedy recovery during Semifinal - I also mentioned - that break will do him a world of good.

keep things fresh - that is the only way for the title.
    I am not wrong.

Call me pessimistic, but I am just being extra cautious.
    4-2 & 0-3 flatters our performance tbh.

Last edited: May 5, 2017
  5. chelsea - over 100 years of history

I'm saying you give a hell of lot more benefit of the doubt to players you like (like Ake and Moses) over the ones you don't (Cahill, Fab, Alonso). Especially when it's the ones you don't like who are mainstays in the team that have got us on the verge of a double.

Re our performances - that's just the way it is in a tight run in. It was exactly the same 2 years ago. We were poor for the last 2-3 months but kept grinding out results. That's what champions do and it's what we are doing now. Likewise with Spurs, they were pretty average v Palace but got the win.

6. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

I give credit where there is potential & future. Ake & Moses et al.

Exactly this reminds me of 2015 all over again.
    Love 2015, hate 2016.