1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Football supporters against terrorism .....

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Smug in Boots, Jun 6, 2017.

1. Smug in Boots

Smug in Boots Well-Known Member

So, what would you suggest then ..... do nothing, just as you've done?

Just sit there chuntering away about 'these bloody terrorists' then grind on with your dreary insular life?

Dear me, what a miserable specimen you are ...... it's not 'overblown' at all, it's just a little thank you.

Do you really find that so difficult to squeeze out <doh>

2. Smug in Boots

You claimed he was the only one who received media attention whereas your 'unsung hero' doorman was ignored.

Despite him being interviewed by the BBC, having his photo & interview in the Daily Star and other papers, appearing on the ITV news, etc etc etc.

You conveniently ignore that having been proved 100% wrong ..... you've made your point, now how many more times?

3. Smug in Boots

What you actually said was,

" I have little time for the likes of this guy."

4. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

I think any guy having a beer confronted by 3 loons with knives taped to both hands that is prepared to have a go deserves a trip to Sunderland whatever he was about..

I would never run away and would probably have said, **** you 'I'm Sunderland'

5. Billy Death

Billy Death Well-Known Member

Ah! Soul. :afro:

Smug in Boots likes this.
  6. Nostalgic

Nostalgic Well-Known Member

To answer all your unnecessary quotes in one, if the doorman was interviewed then it was domestically reported and not seen over here. So you can have that one as I took it from a recent BBC World News report. The rest of your verbosity I will ignore.

You have suitably misquoted me above as it was part of a sentence where I also pointed that my kind of hero is the one who gets stuck in without invoking their football club as an inspiration.

7. Nostalgic

Fair comment, as I have already said many people did without shouting the names of their football club, Jesus Christ, or Christianity forever. Horses for courses in the end.

8. Nostalgic

Running out of steam Bill?

9. Smug in Boots

Dear me, the pickiest man in history .... a bloke directly confronts terrorism, incurring serious injury, and he simply doesn't pass the 'Nostalgic' test.

So, I'll ask again, do you believe nothing should be done regarding this bloke ..... just ignore him perhaps.

Where is the verbosity, your argument has been destroyed every step of the way.

You have nothing to come back with except your miserable character and your lack of humanity ..... not the best of weapons tbh.

Billy Death likes this.
  10. Billy Death

Plenty of ****ing lead in my pencil you silly old ****.

11. J๏E..

J๏E.. The King of Hearts

I have been in many situations home and overseas, when you can see a build-up to some sort of kick off so you sort of prepare, regardless of the beers you have drunk, the reactions kick in and you prepare yourself.

What this lad did was to have 3 freak shows run into his bar, waving knives that were strapped to them and started stabbing people, his reaction was to say '**** you, I'm Millwall' and started swinging. In hindsight, a stool, a chair, a broken bottle would have been the way to go but this lad just reacted as I and many would have done, got stabbed for his troubles, gave people a gateway to get away and will probably take years to get over mentally and physical scars of that night..

That is the lad I want next to me in a fight, he deserves his recognition, he is ****ing brave and he and his family should be proud of it..<ok>

12. Nostalgic

13. Billy Death

Yes indeed. He's the type of bloke I'd go into a war zone with.
    Top lad imo. <ok>

Makemstine Roger and J๏E.. like this.
  14. Billy Death

15. Nostalgic

Fully understand that Joe and I do have admiration for his type but he was one among many and I would willingly buy them all a beer and contribute to a fund for all.

16. Smug in Boots

I'm simply responding to your ridiculous posts, it's a chat forum, get over yourself man.

I can't make a gesture to everyone involved so I chose someone whose team will be playing in Sunderland this season.

If you don't like it I have to be honest and state that I don't give a shiney ****e.

You've made your point and seem to want to continue to make it for some reason.

Repeat it until you breathe your last and it won't change how I feel ...... it's a harmless little gesture, not a plan to change the world ffs.

Billy Death likes this.
  17. Smug in Boots

What a miserable hypocrite you are ..... give it up man,

" I have little time for the likes of this guy."

"I for one do not see the fuss about this bloke."

Billy Death likes this.
  18. Nostalgic

A direct answer to your direct question is that he could be rewarded along with the others but you have singled him out for special treatment so go ahead.
    I am happy with my contributions to humanity over the years. My admiration goes to anybody involved in charity work of all kinds especially those like Alan Gunning(?) the Manchester taxi driver who was beheaded by IS when he was on a charity trip some Christmases ago. Just to remind you that you saw him as some kind of do-gooder probably carrying a load of old tat when he was actually ferrying medical supplies in a mixed Christian?Muslim convoy.

Funny how each of us singles people out for special praise.

19. Smug in Boots

I've no doubt there will be 'rewards' for everyone involved and rightly so ..... I'm happy to give and give again.

However, you seemed determined to totally ignore the entire point of the thread which I've stated again and again.

This is a football forum, hes a football supporter, his team are playing my team and I thought this was a harmless little gesture.

You seemed bent on undermining it and, at first, I was baffled by your ludicrous stance.

I now find its because you hold a grudge, against me, for something entirely unconnected.

The fact that you'll happily denigrate this chap, just because you hold an internet grudge against a stranger, says everything about your petty little mind.

Shame on you .... and by the way, don't believe I need permission, from the likes of you, to go ahead.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2017
    Billy Death likes this.
  20. Nostalgic

You are holding yourself up with your need to be right on all fronts. I have no grudges against you either as I believe you are just another poster amongst many, and as you say it is a forum which is normally seen as a place for debate and said something you took unnecessary exception to even though I am truthful at all times.

This is your project so carry on working on it.