1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Football Supporters (Access) Bill 2016-17

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by ZenArcade, Feb 1, 2017.

1. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

I always thought right-wing Baby Boomers were the true snowflakes. White, cold and prove to be an annoyance to everyone else's personal life if there's enough of you.

2. Barchullona

Barchullona Well-Known Member

As, diddums. Don't go too near a radiator. You might melt.

3. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

> 'You're only skill is acting like a snowflake bringing the Daily Mail into every other post.'
    > constantly brings up anarchism as an ad hominem

Nice cognitive dissidence there, Castro.

4. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

Supporters should be involved at all levels and that includes in the ownership of clubs.
    The fact is that the FA is like many other organisations, the reason that it is full of old white men is because that is the demographic that came up through the ranks of the clubs, regions and onto the board of the FA.
    Diversity is hard to apply. I know through experience. Just looking at the board and officers of the HCOSC. We are not representative of sociality and as we do not have anyone with a disability perhaps we are not representative of the supporter base either.
    It's hard enough to get people involved, but I cannot help being a white male aged 60. At least we now have more younger people involved now.

As I believe that all sports clubs should be owned by the communities that they serve, I would welcome the first steps of legisating for supporters on the boards of football clubs. They should never have been turned into commercial enterprises anyway.

5. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Shuddup honky

Happy Tiger likes this.
  6. Barchullona

Some people think inserting terms such as ad hominem and cognitive dissidence into conversations shows some sort of intellectual superiority and an assumption others don't know what they are talking about . They are wrong. You just sound like a clueless young type who has done nothing but thinks they have.

7. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

Okay, I'll use layman's terms for you, Castro.

You're a hypocrite for saying Germany's form of club ownership is irrelevant (you're wrong, it's relevant to the topic when making comparisons) and then mention someone's political beliefs as a personal attack when it has absolutely nothing to do with the topic at hand.

8. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

??

please log in to view this image

9. Barchullona

"Daddy, I want to be an anarchist when I grow up".

"You'll have to make your mind up, pet. You can't do both".

10. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

63683791.jpg

11. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

Jack in the nonsense please gents, it's tedious for everyone else. Ta.

DMD and Spook like this.
  12. Barchullona

Good job we don't have anyone on here who is judge and jury.

13. Barchullona

It is irrelevant when it has no chance of being implemented here. I would love to see football here as it is in Germany but it isn't going to happen,unfortunately.
    They can stand up, take beer into the grounds and smoke (I don't smoke but don't have a breakdown over others doing it). But one of those three may be allowed, on a smaller, more controlled way, but two won't be.

14. Spook

Spook Well-Known Member

Why not? This whole is about a bill being introduced i.e legislation and reform. What a defeatist attitude.

15. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Made me laugh from Martin Samuel.

On Wednesday afternoon at approximately 2.15pm, Parliament will debate the governance of the Football Association.

The motion: ‘That this House has no confidence in the ability of the Football Association to comply fully with its duties as a governing body, as the current governance structures of the FA make it impossible for the organisation to reform itself; and calls on the Government to bring forward legislative proposals to reform the governance of the FA.’

It has been brought by the Culture, Media and Sport Committee led by Conservative MP Damian Collins.

‘The committee published two reports in the last Parliament calling for reform of the FA, to allow representatives of fans, women’s football, black, Asian and minority ethnic groups, officials such as referees and the grassroots sport a significantly greater say in the governance of the game,’ a statement from the committee read.

We can see why such a diverse group of 11 MPs would be affronted by the glacial advance of reform at the FA.

Just to recap, then, the committee members are: Damian Collins (white, male, 43); Nigel Adams (white, male, 50); Andrew Bingham (white, male, 54); Paul Farrelly (white, male, 54); Nigel Huddleston (white, male, 46); Julian Knight (white, male, 45); Ian C Lucas (white, male, 56); Chris Matheson (white, male, 49); Jason McCartney (white, male, 49); John Nicolson (white, male, 55); and Julie Elliott (white, female, 53). So 10 white guys between the age of 43 and 56, and a 53-year-old white woman will school the FA on diversity and inclusion. This is why satire is dead.

16. Barchullona

That was posted earlier by a wise, erudite member of this forum, a handsome devil and all round good egg.

Good point by Martin Samuel.

17. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It's

Eh? I posted no such thing.

18. Barchullona

I didn't say you did. Now, let me think. Who can that description match?

19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

:emoticon-0128-hi: