1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Football manager 2010

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Proevotiger, Jan 25, 2011.

1. Proevotiger

Proevotiger Member
    Forum Moderator

Hi,

I'm a bit out of date with these things so if someone doesn't mind humouring me then it would be nice. Anyone know any decent tactics and formations to play with city on FM 2010. Also any players that are worth signing as i'm clueless. I obviously sent Sonko back as he's...... Sonko! Was thinking of doing the same with Altidore as he looks rubbish.

Any suggestions would be helpful as i think i'm the worst person that has ever played the game!

Thanks

2. TigerStar

TigerStar Member

I'd wait until a new update comes out after this transfer window tbh as if you start now we are in an awful state on the game, ridiculous amounts of debts, massive wage bill, pretty poor players. But after they update it we should be in a fantastic position, good group of players with some transfer funds available!

3. mickey386

mickey386 New Member

on 2010 you can pick landon donovan up on a free, and jiranek is usaully useful and free

4. City1904

City1904 Well-Known Member

Well if you want some help with the game, follow www.community-fm.co.uk/forum, plenty of help to do with FM10 and FM11. Anyway keep Altidore and Ghilas they both play well togeter, if onyl Phil saw that! Stick them two up top, play fairly wide, and with a high tempo, keep it direct and just play the Stoke way really, you will stay up!

5. James

James New Member

Why not play 2011?

6. NewarkTiger

NewarkTiger Member

If you are still on FM2010 then visit this site which has got loads of tactics for you to download.

http://www.sortitoutsi.net/forum/forum/152-download-tactics/

There are also main forums for FM2011 including custom databases, downloadable tactics, player pictures etc and it's all free!!

Tigerstar, if you can't wait for the update, just go into the FM editor and do it yourself.

My City team at start of the game is debt free, £5m transfer kitty, all new players signed etc and Jimmy seems to have taken a rather large paycut!!

:emoticon-0148-yes:

7. Proevotiger

Proevotiger Member
    Forum Moderator

Thanks everyone. Gilas and altidore.... i didn't see that coming.

James. Never played it b4 so my mate lent me his old one so i could try it out.

8. N

N Active Member

FM2011 is brilliant. It's too easy to get out of the championship though. When I get into the PL, Cairney starts complaining and wants either a move to a bigger club or 50k in wages. Madness.

9. pierredelafranchesca

pierredelafranchesca Well-Known Member

first season loan signings are imperative Lansbury from Arsenal is class, Tony Silva on a free transfer as a keeper, Chris Wood on loan from WBA, Naughton on loan from spurs are good. Unfortunately Ayala is crap so get rid and replace him asap

On an aside, wanted to tell you about the proudest moment of my life.....i've managed to play the 2010 game to the 2026/7 season, and recently was informed by the board that they were building a 91500 seater stadium named Williams park after their most successful manager ever, me. Tears to my eyes.....

10. Skidby Tiger

Skidby Tiger New Member

Yes another vote for FM 2011 - watching the matches on your TV is like watching MOTD - awsome - and the new match play animations/backgrounds are awsome.

Agree with HullFan1991 - easy to get out of the Championship but turning City into a decent PL team is tougher - as soon as your players start playing well the big boys turn up and take them - still its challenging.

Cairney went to Man U in my game for around 4 million - he's languishing in the reserves!

11. pierredelafranchesca

just realised you are talking about 2010....my tips are for 2011 so ignore

12. 4tiger

4tiger Active Member

pierredelafranchesca:
    'On an aside, wanted to tell you about the proudest moment of my life.....i've managed to play the 2010 game to the 2026/7 season, and recently was informed by the board that they were building a 91500 seater stadium named Williams park after their most successful manager ever, me. Tears to my eyes.....'

Thtas amazing, how much time do you spend on it!!!???

13. Skidby Tiger

Skidby Tiger New Member

4tiger thats some achievement mate - did you win the Champions League?

One of the best features about 2011 FM is you can simply upload video of your goals/highlights to YouTube - heres some I made earlier - though I have a confession... I play other teams as well as Hull - in this video I'm Sunderland (please forgive me!)

[video=youtube;Tu2DJQAZjG8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tu2DJQAZjG8[/video]

14. 4tiger

4tiger Active Member

It wasn't me it was pierredelafranchesca. I'm nowhere near that standard

15. CumbrianTiger

CumbrianTiger Member

Best i have done is a 8th place finish in the prem with Wickham and Yaya Sonongo up front! Have a look at Shaqiri if you want a real star btw gutted that the board made me sell him to Madrid for 27 mil in 2017. was not happy, so stopped that one and now managing FC Kobenhaven.

16. pierredelafranchesca

I work out in India 3/4 months out of the year in a place called Pune which by all accounts sucks, so whilst i'm out there I have nothing to do apart from play FM and watch dvds so I can knock out a season in 2 days pretty easily, if it weren't for FM i'd go insane

17. PLT

PLT Well-Known Member

I find, on FM 2010 at least, that any player with a good pace and acceleration is ridiculously good. Way better at beating players than someone with high dribbling, and happily, these players are abundant and cheap. Ivan Sproule at Bristol City is one good example, he's crazily fast and used to win me games single handedly, even though his technical stats are crap.

18. Skidby Tiger

Skidby Tiger New Member

I'd agree with you for the lower leagues - but not in the EPL - pace/acc while always useful is nothing without an end result - bit like Ronaldo in his early ManU years :)