1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Fleetwood v Bristol City

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by wizered, Jan 17, 2017.

1. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Fleetwood v Bristol City preview

Fleetwood captain Nathan Pond is a doubt for the FA Cup third-round replay at home to Bristol City.

The defender collided with team-mate Conor McLaughlin and was forced off during Saturday's Sky Bet League One win over Bristol Rovers.

Ashley Eastham, making his first appearance since November, was his replacement and could deputise at Highbury.

Defender Joe Maguire, signed from Liverpool on Friday afternoon, could feature in the squad.

Iceland defender Hordur Magnusson is set to return after missing Bristol City's last three games with hamstring trouble.

Gary O'Neil should also be back after illness and injury, while Callum O'Dowda is expected to shake off a knock suffered in Saturday's 3-2 Championship defeat to Cardiff.

But Korey Smith (hamstring) and Adam Matthews (calf) will be missing again as City chase a first win in nine games.

Luke Freeman looks like being absent again with doubts over his Ashton Gate future, as Robins boss Lee Johnson considers promoting Lee Tomlin and Aaron Wilbraham from the bench.

Match facts

• Bristol City have been eliminated from the FA Cup at the third-round stage in eight of the last nine seasons.
    • The Robins have won each of their last three FA Cup ties against lower-league opposition. Their last defeat to a team in a lower league came in January 2012 v Crawley Town (0-1).
    • This is just Fleetwood's second appearance in round three, having lost 5-1 to neighbours Blackpool in January 2012.
    • Prior to the 0-0 draw at Ashton Gate, these two sides last met in League One in 2014-15, sharing a 3-3 draw in September 2014 and Bristol City winning 2-0 at home in February 2015.
    Fleetwood Facts ~

upload_2017-1-17_15-44-49.jpeg

All you need to know about the Emirates FA Cup opponents.

FLEETWOOD TOWN

The Trawlermen last tasted defeat in mid-November, stringing together an impressive 13-match unbeaten run to climb into the Sky Bet League One top six and secure home advantage in tonight's FA Cup third round replay. David Ball and Ashley Hunter have each bagged ten goals in all competitions, while Devante Cole – son of City legend Andy – also poses a threat due to his rapid pace.

MANAGER

Uwe Rosler is now in charge of his fourth English club, having previously taken the reins at Brentford, Wigan Athletic and Leeds United. The former Manchester City striker of the 90s took charge of Fleetwood in the summer, after Steven Pressley had resigned. Rosler has suffered two play-off heartbreaks in his managerial career – at Brentford and Wigan – and will be hoping to avoid the same fate should Fleetwood finish up in the end-of-season lottery in May.

OFFICIALS

Referee Carl Boyeson will be in charge of the match, assisted by James Mainwaring and Helen Byrne. Sebastian Stockbridge has been named as the fourth official.

TICKETS

The match is pay on the day for City supporters, with adult prices just £12 (£14 seating) and £6 (£7) for seniors and under-18s, plus £1 (£2) for under-16s.

LAST TIME OUT

Bristol City 0-0 Fleetwood Town. City ended their six-game losing run with a stalemate at Ashton Gate. Chances were few and far between, with Tammy Abraham coming the closest late on with a header against the post. The two teams must do it all again at Highbury Stadium for the right to travel to either Burnley or Sunderland in round four.

LAST SEASON

Sky Bet League One: 19th
    FA Cup: First Round (Lost to Walsall)
    EFL Cup: First Round (Lost to Hartlepool United)
    JPT: Semi-final (Lost to Barnsley)

DID YOU KNOW?

Lee Johnson’s last game before moving to Barnsley was played at Fleetwood’s Highbury Stadium home. It was in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy area final second leg. Both legs finished 1-1, leading to a penalty shoot-out, which Johnson’s Barnsley won 4-2, en route to lifting the trophy at Wembley.

2. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

A must win for LJ tonight.

3. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

4. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

5. Red Hub

Red Hub Active Member

Gut feeling says 1 nil defeat.

6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

7. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

He cant win tonight. Lose and the shouts will get louder. Win and it will be 'It's only Fleetwood, we should have beaten them the first time'

Red Robin likes this.
  8. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

I also have a gut feeling we will lose tonight..

I predict 2-1.

9. Redprintt

Redprintt Well-Known Member

I hope we play a strong team tonight, win and gain confidence, and win again at Forest this Saturday.
    Because I slag off Junior don't ever think I want the red shirt to lose.
    If Junior goes with a 3-5-2 again tonight I hope the 3 are Wright, Flint and Magnusson and he plays the German in midfield.
    I worry that Bryan will make a defender, he made the 2 goals last w/e but was caught for their 2nd, seems like a trade off.

I look at the squad we have and I can't believe our results.
    Junior needs to start with round pegs in round holes.
    He's inept at man management and doesn't know his best 11 or set up.
    FFS, Tomlin and O'Neil must play every game, they haven't become bad players overnight.
    Ps - O'Neil is fit and has been for a few weeks.
    I don't believe it was a hamstring, then calf and then 'ill'.

raver likes this.
  10. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

Agree with this.. although I reckon the keeper has some blame for that second goal too. easier for a keeper to attack a ball away from the gaol than the defence towards it. A dominant keeper is definitely a missing piece of the jigsaw for me.

Hegeler in midfield seems a no brainer too..

11. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

ALWAYS A FIRST TIME FOR EVERYTHING ... and the bits are inplace for both teams! ... <yikes>

Made a couple grand recently so .... £100
    0-1 @ 8 hill
    0-2 @ 11 hill
    0-3 @ 22 coral
    1-2@ 7 coral
    1-3 @ 16 hill
    draw @90 5/2 @ £200 Ladbrokes anything other than these 6 results I lose

12. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

exactly my feelings RedPrintt this is a monster week for LJ.
    Everyone of us wants a win,but the guy has lost it big time.

should win with the quality of players here,however i see another 2-1 defeat to us :emoticon-0106-cryin:emoticon-0106-cryin:emoticon-0106-cryin

Last edited: Jan 17, 2017
  13. BCFCRob

BCFCRob Well-Known Member

I'm so sure we're going to lose tonight that I might put money on it.

You can get odds of 3.1 on Fleetwood at 3 or 4 bookies.

14. johngalleyfan2

PS NICE set up WIZ ENJOYED THE STATS ......... :emoticon-0140-rofl: :emoticon-0140-rofl:

Pps if I don't win nor do CITY!.... <yikes> <steam>

15. johngalleyfan2

? 15 /8 or 2/1 FLEETWOOD WIN 13/10 OR 11/8 CITY TO WIN BEST ODDS IVE SEEN in this afternoons travels! ....5/2 draw all round @90 mins

16. Redprintt

'although I reckon the keeper has some blame for that second goal too. easier for a keeper to attack a ball away from the gaol than the defence towards it. A dominant keeper is definitely a missing piece of the jigsaw for me'

Can't disagree Banksy, I've been banging on about Fielding forever.

17. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

18. Redprintt

I'm pleased that Junior has selected a strong line up.

19. Loathsneyd

Loathsneyd Well-Known Member

Yes I like the look of that team tonight

20. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

Fielding, Wright, Flint, Magnusson, Little, Bryan, O'Neil, Hegeler, Paterson, Djuric, Engvall.

Subs
    O'Donnell, O'Dowda, Brownhill, Pack, Tomlin, Wilbraham, Abraham