1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fixtures 21st June

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Super Brian McBride, Jun 20, 2017.

1. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Just a reminder the fixture lists for the Championship are due out 9am 21st June.
    We can start to dream again :1980_boogie_down:

I predict Home game first then two away games.

2. Cookie-6262

Cookie-6262 Well-Known Member

Chelsea away opening day so we are likely to be at home... Hoping its Millwall at the Cottage personally!

3. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Kick off at home against Norwich on the 5th August.

Then Reading away, Leeds away and Wednesday at home. That is a very challenging start and not far from the hardest start we could have had!

4. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Norwich at home on the opening day, then a tough set of games immediately following: Reading away, Leeds away, Sheff Wed home. We finish away at Birmingham as well, who I expect to be much better this season, so all in all I don't think the fixture computer has been kind to us. Here's a link to the full set of fixtures.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/news/2017/june/21/fixtures-confirmed

5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Ah, just beat tme to it Surlyc!

6. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

Needed to vent a little! I agree with what you said Captain, the fixture generator hasn't been too kind.

Not mention away trips to Cardiff on Boxing Day and to Hull on New Year's Eve Eve. We are not going to take many fans to those games.

7. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

Hard start to the season, but having said that it always seems to take about 6 games in before teams are bedded in with new players and new tactics kick in, so I think a lot of the early games are even, and normally 2 or 3 clubs get a good kick start before getting dragged back in and some early season form is lost.
    Think we will be on TV more this season, so many fixture changes.

8. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

The positive spin is a good start for us will be directly detrimental to teams expected to compete with us. I expect we'll be more settled this year (as I do not expect much turnover in playing staff), so a good start is certainly possible.

9. Fulhaman

Fulhaman Well-Known Member

We've got to play them one time or another so it's all swings and roundabouts and regardless of when we play them we will need to beat them if we want to be in contention. I quite like having all the more fancied teams in a block - gets them out of the way and you don't have to worry about them again for months during which time you can build up serious momentum and points. The only time it is bad is if it comes at the end of the season and you need points to either get promoted or avoid relegation. Then it can have a negative effect.

Captain Morgan and 2whitestripes like this.
  10. Trowley_Fulham

Trowley_Fulham New Member

Completely agree, better having them now.

11. KIO

KIO Well-Known Member

Brilliant, we get our 'bogey' team away first up ! Still, I suppose we're due a win at your place having not beaten you on your own patch for 31 years ! :emoticon-0112-wonde

12. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Blimey, only a week old and the there's already a couple of changes. Both involving the East Anglian lot.

"The home match with Ipswich Town, originally scheduled for New Year's Day, will now take place on Tuesday 2nd January (7.45pm).

The Easter meeting with Norwich City at Carrow Road will now be played a day earlier on
    Friday 30th March (3pm)."

No explanation is given by the Club. However, an Ipswich site says their one was changed at our request. Can only guess it's to give more recovery time since we've got a Saturday (30th December) match away to Hull. And probably the same for the Norwich game with Leeds being at the Cottage on the Monday (2nd April).

Big groan ... love a game on New Year's Day. But, if this is the reason it's a fairly professional move by the Club, taking into account travelling time for the team between fixtures. So, will actually applaud.

13. Cottager58

14. Cottager58

And another holiday change. The Leeds game at the Cottage which should have been on Easter Bank Holiday Monday has been moved to Tuesday 3rd April kick off 7.45pm.

Boooo !!! That one I do not understand.