1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fit and Proper Person?

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by ForestHillBilly, May 18, 2017.

1. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Nottingham Forest's new owner has passed the EFL's F & P test, despite facing allegations of match-fixing. It's difficult to think of anything which makes a person less f&p, so what do you have to do to pass the test? Prove you have the money, I suppose. And getting a not guilty.

The Kish likes this.
  2. Crack Addick

Crack Addick Active Member

There must be people at the FA with dirty palms.

3. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

I
    I think Leeds proves that you don't even need to be found not guilty to be F & P <ok>

DonCorleone likes this.
  4. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

As long as people can show they pay bills they are pretty much accepted. There appears to be very little in researching the paper trail for how certain individuals accumulate their wealth.

5. ForestHillBilly

At Orient Becchetti doesn't even pay the bills, and they are facing a winding-up order as a result. Surely he takes the cake as the worst owner now? In roland's case incompetence, the Oystons greed, the Venkies and Sisu are hopeless, don't know enough about the details, but Becchetti ( hope I've spelt it ok) appears to be acting out of malice.

6. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

The FL should fine Bechetti and use that money to pay the staff.

7. brb

brb CR250

Surely though as supporters we have all allowed this to happen?

WE allowed the Premier League virus to happen, it brought about a new breed of supporter, WE allowed our old grounds to be ripped down for the age of plush new facilities, WE all want our team to win and if WE don't, WE call for the heads of the manager or players. WE have allowed the FA & FIFA to become corrupt to roots of our core, WE have allowed corrupt buyers to takeover our clubs, WE are to blame first and foremost because WE did nothing to stop it from happening over the last three decades.

WE have killed the passion to allow, sterile football grounds, plastics, armchair supporters, WE have allowed our game to become eroded, We are now wanting and allowing modern technology to video every incident that happens, because WE were supposedly robbed of a result or promotion, WE allowed this all to happen, the WE cry and moan, when WE did not listen to those that warned us.

For three decades WE have been to blame and i want my ****ing game back, but until WE stand up and fight it as one, then WE eventually as true supporters, will no longer exist after our passing because they have become to big for US to fight.

WE need to unite, because eventually clubs like Charlton, Orient, Leeds, Forest, on and on, will no longer exist!

Rant over brb

8. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Portsmouth fans have an interesting choice today. The billionaire ex Disney boss has offered to buy the club off the fans trust who currently owns it for £5.6m. The fans have admitted that they have no money to take Pompey further, but are evenly divided on whether to sell. Unlike our CAST/CARD mob however their fan groups do seem to be a genuine demoncratic set up. Can you imagine this scenario with Everitt & Charlton ..

9. ForestHillBilly

Good post, brb, but I blame the armchair fans. They are responsible for the all-consuming monster that is the so-called Champion's League, in such huge numbers, that we, the real fans who support our own team through thick and thin, are left powerless. And anyway I don't think I'm unusual in that I don't want to have to fight for my club, or protest (although I do), I want to go and support them and hopefully see some great entertainment now and then. Cloughie said television would kill football and he was right. The media caters almost exclusively for armchair fans. Open the sports pages, there's page after page of Arsene Wenger, previously Jose Mourinho. Our clubs don't matter, and I think Cloughie was right.

10. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Interesting point about sterile new stadiums @brb - I have visited quite a few in League 1 this season - purpose built, out of town and soulless - Chesterfield & Northampton being examples. Give me the Priestfield sh1thole & your meccano stand any day.

11. deleted.....

Not sure I like the Gillingham police though or that bl00dy level crossing by the stadium <grr>

12. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

Do you think he would pay the fine?

13. brb

brb CR250

Some good news on the boozer front it appears Wetherspoons are in the process of taking over and refitting the old dump of a pub across from the station, should be handy for a cheap pint and away supporters on match days.

ForestHillBilly likes this.
  14. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Fair point - but they need to be seen as doing something. The man has wealth, he's just totally neglecting LO. How their isn't a rule in place to avoid such scenarios is crazy.

15. deleted.....

Company law states that the debts are owed by the Company not the owner, unless the owner has knowingly traded the Company while it is insolvent <ok>

16. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

So in theory if he decides to just pull the plug there is nothing they can do?

17. deleted.....

Nope

If he decided to stop supporting the Club financially then Administrators would be called in by the Creditors (normally the bank) it is up to the Administrator to run the Club and decide if the Club is sellable... if he decided it is not sellable he would call a creditors meeting and recommend Liquidation... it would be up to the Liquidator to get as much money in for the creditors as possible and to decide if any action can be taken against the previous owner.

18. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

New legislation for fit and proper tests. Oddly enough they've asked CAFC for help on this!

lardiman, ForestHillBilly and brb like this.
  19. ForestHillBilly

Presumably the CEO will be the one to offer up advice<diva>.

20. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

It will be.