1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FFS

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Prince Knut, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Not biased I've followed his career people have consistently under estimated him and he's continually proved them wrong

2. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

They're both knobbers. <ok>

3. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Bellew could have gone on to win regardless but it's still a lucky win because he won via a Haye injury.

Saying no luck was involved is just plain stupid. Especially with Bellew having a hand injury too!

4. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I think you've just contradicted yourself mate :)

5. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

Definitely brave by Bellew to step into the ring to fight a guy who is naturally bigger and more powerful than him, albeit against a guy who has only fought 8 competitive rounds of boxing in the last 5 years.

* Record Points Total likes this.
  6. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Nope, you just can't read or accept when you're wrong :)

If Haye hadn't got the achilles injury and gone on to win it would have been lucky because of Bellew's injury.

Your opponent getting injured is fortunate for your own winning prospective. There is absolutely no debate in that, hence dismissing luck entirely is plain stupid.

7. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Basically, the fight was ruined by injuries to both parties.

Bellew clearly felt it a shallow victory with his reaction when he realised he'd won and subsequently pushed both his trainer (?) and Hearn away

Doubt there will be a rematch though. Fortunate or not, Bellew won't want to risk that win.

8. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

You've moved your own goal posts though, as you initially said without the injury Haye wins, therefore the win was lucky, you were talking balls as Bellew was well in the fight at the point the injury occurred, despite already suffering an injury himself.

9. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

I don't think he was and IMO Haye does win if he doesn't get injured.

However, who actually goes on to win is irrelevant. Its a lucky win because of the injury.

Bellew got injured first (unlucky) but Haye got a much worse injury (making Bellew lucky).

End of the day, it was a **** fight that was ruined by two injuries. And as I said, Bellew knows it too, his reaction said it all.

10. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

Anyroads, Bellew was ahead on points when Haye got his injury, and the bigger, heavier man was supposed to have it all sorted by the sixth as, so it's said, he hadn't really done any endurance training, or not as much to go another six rounds against a lighter, fitter athlete who HAD done his roadwork. I think Bellew may well have seen him off by the eighth had he not broken his hand, so the luck evened out in my book. As said, Haye was odds on to finish it before his injury - has nobody taken into account that he was probably exhausted when he lost wis balance and went over his ankle? And whose fault is is it that a sixteen stone boxer saw fit to wear boots with little ankle and achilles support? Surely that's as bad a move as leaving your chin open or dropping your guard as your opponent pulls back his shoulder.

No, as Haye said, Bellew won fair and square. Hope he takes his wad, retires and looks after his family. And his gay brother asks Kenny to be a bridesmaid at his wedding. <eek>

11. ademuzzy

ademuzzy Well-Known Member

In terms of the fight. Hayes Achilles was playing up from round one. Watch back and you can tell from the way he was moving it was clearly giving him problems even before it totally went.
    You can't box on one leg. I personally feel that win wasn't deserved by Bellew and he was lucky in the night.

If you have watched haye previously he is quick on his feet and moves well. The punches he was swinging and missing with was down to the heal problem. Just look at the way he jolted every time he missed and the way he crept around the ring. That injury was affecting him. There was rumours it was ****ed before the fight started and it's clear it affected him.

12. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Bellew as admitted to being ****ed come the 7th/8th round mate

13. SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING

SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING Well-Known Member

Ffs is about right.

Poor judgement on his part but the liberal dogooders will have a field day.

It was an excellent fight imo. I'm glad he won. They all have ego's and talk trash to sell tickets. It's ad much part of the job as training and fighting.

14. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

because he was fighting with a broken hand. Had neither got injured, my money is (or should have been) on Bellew once he got past six rounds and Haye hadn't knocked him out.

15. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Hopefully, we'll get an injury free rematch but I don't think Bellew will fight Haye again.