1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FFS

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Prince Knut, Mar 6, 2017.

1. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/boxing/tony-bellew-disgusted-claims-homophobic-9977934

'Homophobic' claims...

Silly B/S, but really? Does anyone believe that even the Denbigh dickheads literally believe King Kenny bites pillows?

Congrats on a great win by Bellew. I was in work and listened on 5L and could kick myself for not putting a score on him at the Bookis, as I was, in work anyway, the only one who gave Bellew a chance.

2. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

Hardly a "great" win...

Lucaaas and FedLadSonOfAnfield like this.
  3. Prince Knut

I think it was. It was a puffed up cruiserweight taking on a washed-up heavy. Er, okay...maybe not great as in Ali-Fraser or Leonard -Duran, but it was still against the odds and a damn sight more exciting, I'm sure, than that overhyped Pacheo- Mayweather thing.

4. moreinjuredthanowen

Is he admitting he cannot read Here? Cos if he wants anyone to believe he didn't see a massive banner behind him he's a bit deluded.

5. moreinjuredthanowen

Oh and......

It's "oh I'm not a gay basher" is what he is saying not I apologise to Mr Dalglish.

Just don't think bad of me please kind of thing." Me bruvs a poof like"

It's just not wanting to be portrayed as bad himself he's worried about not worried he offended a senior citizens maybe.

6. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Bellew is a chancer and a brawler. Not really dissing him but I don't think he's capable of a 'great win'. Simply doesn't have the talent or class. Haye isn't and never was all that, now or in his prime, just good at trash talk and a hype beast who simply had the fortune of boxing at a time of mediocrity in the sport which it is still largely in, hence this fight attracting so much attention. Hard to take the heavyweight division seriously really

* Record Points Total likes this.
  7. FedLadSonOfAnfield

Bellew comes across as a total **** tbh

8. RogerisontheHunt

RogerisontheHunt Well-Known Member

I did say it was hard to work out who was the bigger bellend on Saturday night

9. Prince Knut

Do you really think Kenny is offended and that Bellew actually believes that he's homosexual? Or even the halfwit that made the banner does? Should we apologise to Gordon west or George best? Really?

Sigh, I'm beginning to feel like I'm Donald Trump nowadays.

10. Prince Knut

True. Still think it was 'great' for him to take on a heavier fighter with a big punch, albeit light years after his best, and get a win that secures him and his family for life, and provide more genuine entertainment than most other overhyped fights of recent memory. But I do think it's ****ing ludicrous to dig up an old photo and for some to pretend that it makes him a homophobe - as opposed to an average Bitter.

11. FedLadSonOfAnfield

think it was a case of who had the worst case of small testicle disorder

12. moreinjuredthanowen

No I don't but I'm just saying his statement is a self promotion not any sort of distancing from content of banner is it.

And yeah you should apologise

13. Lucaaas

Lucaaas Well-Known Member

The guy had one leg for most of the fight and he struggled to get him out.

I think the talk of him fighting Deontay Wilder is ridiculous and Hearn needs to watch out that he doesn't cause Bellew some serious damage by keeping him in a weight class he doesn't really belong in.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2017
  14. Zanjinho

Zanjinho Boom!
    Forum Moderator

It was a lucky win. Without the achilles injury (or Bellews hand injury), Haye wins. Bellews reaction to winning tells you everything you need to know. Sure, he'll take the victory but is not exactly glorious.

Pacheo v Floyd was terrible.

Jimmy Squarefoot likes this.
  15. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Oh the Mirror dredging up ****e to try and take the shine off Bellews win.

That rag has a major issue with anything Everton related.

As for that banner it was a chant back in the day, I've no idea what the origins of it was, and the flag whilst in bad taste is some form of 'retro' nonsense.

16. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

The fight was close on points at the end of the 6th and you can't say for sure that Haye wins it from there if his Achilles doesn't go. Calling it lucky is clueless

17. moreinjuredthanowen

prob fair, i thought bellend saying he broke his hand after should have hinted at the outcome. I'm not so sure haye wasn't blown out after 3/4 rounds anyway and had power left in his punches.
    I dunno

But it really is like arguing over a league 1 match isn't it

18. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I like boxing and tactically it was an interesting fight, Bellew is a far better student of the game than many give him credit for, and I enjoyed it. Shame Haye got the injury but that's boxing

19. Prince Knut

I agree with most of that, and I hope Bellew calls it quits now and hangs his gloves up. Doesn't alter my view that going into that ring he was well the underdog, and even with Haye on one leg Bellew showed who the better boxer was. As I say, I wish I'd put £20 on him like I was going to do but just didn't find the time.

I think the banner nonsense is just that, but if MITO insists: may I apologise on behalf of all Liverpool supporters in the 60's (my first home game was against Wolves in '68, so I suppose that does include me too) for inferring that Gordon West was a 'Honey', and that George Best wore a bra and frilly knickers. I hope they can now move on from the undoubted trauma that this caused their lives.
    <peacedove>

20. Red Hadron Collider

Red Hadron Collider The Hammerhead

Not biased at all <laugh>