1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Festive Statistical Fun

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Saint Alban, Dec 19, 2016.

1. Saint Alban

Saint Alban Active Member

Christmas is upon us - a time for reflection and looking to the future, blah blah blah...

Despite recent concerns about lack of goals, certain results etc we go into the festive period with an air of optimism after a cracking win yesterday, but also 3 more points and being 5 positions higher in the league table (or 4 depending on Merseyside derby tonight) than after the equivalent no of matches last season.

That's all well and good you say, but we've played different teams over the same periods. True, of course! But interestingly this also applies to equivalent fixtures by team and home/away (swapping relegated teams with promoted teams). The link below was originally intended to settle a pub argument but I thought I would share with you all.

As an aside there is also a comparison to the previous season but have not compared fixture by fixture (because of the additional promotions/relegations if you catch my drift).

Saints Result Comparisons 16/17 and 15/16

I will try to keep this updated but hey I am only human so apologies if not!