1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Favourite current player?

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by afcftw, Jan 18, 2017.

1. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Who are your favourite players currently at Arsenal?

Obviously some of the better players will top most people's lists but also include any player you have a soft spot for.

For me it's Ozil as my favourite. I love to watch him play football and take great joy from some of the incredible moments he makes happen. Cazorla is also right up there as he seems so happy to be playing football and he is so two footed its quality to witness. A proper professional.

I also have a soft spot for Walcott who I've enjoyed seeing develop into a really good player. He seems humble and when I play football I often use pace and finishing to do well so think I see him as a similar style of player to myself. Always like to see him doing well.

Giroud I always like as well. Not the best, not the worst but continues to give his all for Arsenal and consistently contribute.

And Bellerin is another I have a real soft spot for. He has embraced England and Arsenal, tries to have banter in his interviews and is turning into one of the best full backs we have had in a long time.

So who are yours?

2. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I'll add that out of the new players Xhaka is having a big impact for me but I'll have to see more before he becomes one of my favourites!

3. Henryj

Henryj New Member

Theo Walcott.

afcftw likes this.
  4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Sanchez. Truly world class. We haven't had a player like him at Arsenal since TH14

5. ToledoTrumpton

ToledoTrumpton Well-Known Member

I don't have a real favourite, would be very, very sad to see any of Ozil, Sanchez, Giroud, Cazorla, Koscielney, Mustafi, Bellerin, Coquelin or Xhaka depart.

gooner4ever likes this.
  6. PeterRICK

PeterRICK Well-Known Member

Santi. Plays the game how it should be played, quality player and seems a decent bloke too. We're a much better side with him playing.

Diego likes this.
  7. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Sanchez, Bellerin and Carzorla.

8. EmirAleks

EmirAleks Well-Known Member

1. Bellerin 2. Cazorla

9. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member

Giroud and the Ox (after Sanchez, Ozil & Hector)

10. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

LOL

11. bobo_97

bobo_97 Well-Known Member

Santi is my favorite.

Then Özil.

Then Alexis.

Then the ox.

The best is by far Alexis of course!

12. goonercymraeg

goonercymraeg Amnesia
    Forum Moderator

The Welsh Messi and anyone who says different is a **** <grr>

13. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member

I didn't think Bale played for Arsenal..........

14. theevilreddevil

theevilreddevil Well-Known Member

Got to be Sanchez, he'd do amazing in a United shirt

15. Tibbers

Tibbers Active Member

Sanchez and Giroud.

16. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

You don't have a player that comes close to Cazorla, the man is total class and it's a shame that injury and age will catch up with him soon.

17. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

I agree that he is the perfect example of a professional. He has huge talent, very two footed, clever with the ball and understands how the game works. He very rarely concedes possession, links defense and attack very well and is happy to be played wherever we need him. He is happy to be playing football, a good attitude to have in the squad, and is definitely a fan favourite.

For me though Ozil is my standout favourite (though I really like the squad we have at the moment and several players I've developed a soft spot for). He is the one who is capable of the world class moments that make me jump off my seat with excitement. Makes me feel like I did when I watched the Arsenal team that had players like Bergkamp and Henry. He can do things that only a very, very few players in the world have the ability to pull off and his vision is incredible.

I think Ozil plays the game the way it should be played, beautiful football, like poetry on the field. I cannot explain how much I enjoy watching him. Regardless of any flaws people pick out in his game he is the player I watch and think it is pure magic.

18. Diego

Diego Lone Ranger

That statement is very telling, how often do you get those moments? You get the same level from Santi in almost every game not just when you are on top or he can be arsed.

19. afcftw

afcftw Well-Known Member

Ozil is actually a very consistent performer. He provides combined goals and assists at a rate most number 10s can only dream of. He holds the record for assists in consecutive games in the league. Last season missed out on the assists for a season record by one. At the start of the season had the best assist to game ratio in premier league history. Has more assists in his first 100 prem games than any player other than Cantona. He also has a good record for goals and assists in the big games which is often overlooked. He's been shortlisted for team of the year in the league and Fifa/ballon dor team of the year for the last couple of years.

For me the moments of magic happen more than enough to justify his place in the team and I actually think he is really underrated by English fans. He is the best in the world at what he does. His style is relaxed, but that actually helps him create space and his stats for ground covered are way higher than you'd expect.

Cazorla is a steady, top quality player who always delivers. And I love him as a player, but the way Ozil plays for me makes him my favourite.

ToledoTrumpton, TheBear and Diego like this.