1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fao roi

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Oct 19, 2013.

1. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

As we've seen though a change of manager means a change of ideas, certain managers prefer certain players and players who Mick likes may not be liked by the next manager, whatever your age, so as a player you can try your best and perform but still be uncertain of what the new manager prefers.

2. Mad ads666

Mad ads666 Well-Known Member

. The old double bluff trick !!! ME must be happier that were heading in right direction. And despite the Christ knows how much investment he's put in a bit more in January to help push us into the top 10 and beyond. The speculation is building and needs sorting ASAP.

3. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

Marcus Evans has got to get his cheque book out and back the best manager is has appointed simples! <ok>

4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

You wouldn't hand over your cheque book in January to someone who might sod off in the summer except maybe if a good right back becomes available. We're not going up this season so January or next summer, what's the difference? <ok>

5. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

How can you right off our chances when we are not even out of October yet! <doh>

6. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

Hand on heart Johnny can you really see us put in a serious challenge for the top six this season?

7. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Come off it man now you are being ridiculous.

8. itfcptc

Never say never, we'll keep going I'm sure over the season getting some points whereas a few teams above us won't be able to sustain their good form, I'm sure we'll be around midtable most of the season but the league is so tight you never know we could sneak in there. If not would a mid table finish really be that bad after the past few seasons and our budget?

9. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

If we finish mid table this season we'll have got out of jail. we're seven points off the play offs now and we will need title winning form to make that up starting now. On our current average (including much better form a bit earlier in the season) were 16-18 points short of a play off place. The reality is over the next few weeks, even if we win one or two, we'll slip further off the pace.

10. Bigalreigned

Bigalreigned Well-Known Member

All I'm saying is "serious challenge" or "mid table" which is more realistic?

11. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

This time last season we had 7 points and ended the season only 8 points outside the play-offs.....we are currently on 16 points so i think that the play-offs are certainly within our capabilitys. The only league position that counts is the one we find ourselves in come the end of the season.

I think some people really do enjoy putting a negative spin on anything Ipswich Town.

12. Mad ads666

Mad ads666 Well-Known Member

Well said weighty. We're all aware of how unpredictable this league is,good knows we've been in it long enough. So top 10 achievable and who knows if ME gives Mick a few quid in January then who knows.

13. itfcptc

I'd be happy with midtable this season but based on the league last season when Mick was here we were fairly consistent most of the other teams either went on good runs followed by awful ones and midtable wasn't very far away from the playoffs. So what I'm saying is midtable is decent progress but given the nature of the league we certainly could sneak into the playoffs if things go our way.

14. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

No need to worry lads, Mick has taken on a second job so won't be going to ROI

please log in to view this image

15. ciderman

ciderman Member

I'd hate to think what the Police might find on your hard drive Dave.

16. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Quite funny re-reading bits of this thread.

17. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

It's absolutely hilarious that's for sure, I didn't bother commenting as I wanted to see how we're doing after a few more games.

Spanish, we're two points off the play offs........... Are you going to bother commenting on this thread now, or are you going to wait until Saturday after a defeat at Forest ( just a feeling hope I'm wrong ) to start saying your bit.

Also Spanish, given how much of a completely ' limited ' manager McCarthy is, who do you want in? What would make you happy?

18. Southcoastoldgaffer

Southcoastoldgaffer Well-Known Member

I am sure we are all enjoying our football more this season....than for many years!

19. itfcptc

shows how people can completely change opinion after a few decent or poor results

20. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Your not wrong..............i'll hold my hands up i think i may have been wrong about how the ROI speculation would not make any difference to the players.....maybe it didn't but you can't argue with the point tally since the saga ended.....<ok>