1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fao roi

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Spanish, Oct 19, 2013.

1. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

I think it is about time (if he hasn't done already) Marcus Evans and ask Mick his plans if he is offered the job and the club needs to put some sort of statement out, this has to be sorted out sooner rather than later, us supporters need to know the extent of Micks commitment to the club, rather than thinking its some kind of joke..

2. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I don't think there is any chance of that Guru because there is a £million at stake for Town.

3. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

that's why I think the right thing to do was for Mick to rule himself out of the job given he hasn't been here very long, I think he should show a bit of loyalty to the club.

4. Hoppersblue10

Hoppersblue10 Well-Known Member

I have to say that I am not impressed with how MM has handled the speculation, a certain amount of the speculation is clearly out of his control but joking about it is funny to everyone apart from Town fans IMO. He has been a little bit thoughtless with his geographical quip this week.!

Thinking about it from all sides I actually think I would have preferred him to say that he would be interested in the ROI job if offered, rather than us speculating but all probably knowing that that is the case.

Lost a fair bit of his kudos over this & I do kinda agree with Hampy (that was hard to admit <laugh>) that it does now make his position at ITFC a little bit hard to climb back from although not impossible.!

He has also misjudged the effect it has on us as supporters but more importantly to hear it is "the talk of the dressing room" is a worry, I think it must have had an effect on the preparation on last & this weeks game for players and coaching staff alike.

5. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

I think he has every right to hear what they have to offer.... no secret has been made that he would like to manage them again so it would of surprised me more if he would of declared himself out without even being spoken too......i hope he stays but if he does go....good luck to him........and whoever comes in i will support and give them a fair crack of the whip like i did with Jewell and Keane even if they are not my first choice or even if i think they are wrong for the job.

And as for this saga upsetting the players they are grown men that are paid a tidy wage to kick a ball about........if the manager might leave or not makes no difference once they cross the white line all they have to do is run/kick/head/dive/save and celebrate(hopefully).

6. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

I'm not storking you Weighty! It's just that I agree with pretty much everything you say at the moment.

God that sounds weird...

7. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

I do talk alot of sense.............................................sometimes....:p

8. Mad ads666

Mad ads666 Well-Known Member

Completely right weighty,they are grown men after all. However I'm sure they'd love to know(if they don't already)what Micks intentions are. I said earlier I hope no news is good news also hope the fact he's been there done it and the team isn't in a great place right now will put him off.

9. Hoppersblue10

Look I want MM to stay, he is easily as good as we are going to get right now, but there is a contradiction in what Weighty has said; the manager might leave or not makes no difference that is kinda saying that MM is no different to having lets say Holloway or Mowbray in charge, see I think that does make a difference and as a player I know who I would prefer..!

10. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

I see your point Hoppers but i was more meaning that any speculation should not have any bearing on how they go about things on the pitch or be an excuse to give anything less than 100%.

11. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Of course it does weighty. You can give 100% effort but if you're worried you're not going to be playing freely and frustration creeps in a lot more quickly and heads drop. Belief is massively important but it's not the same as effort.

12. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

What on earth have they got to worry about.....:huh:

13. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I remember Guardiola's last season for Barcelona... They were relatively horrendous and then it transpired he had decided to quit six months before the end of the season. it does feed through to the players. I really hope it's sorted this week. If we have a dedicated Mick McCarthy we would all be happy with that but we can't have this drag on.

14. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

They are footballers...............not children.

15. Hoppersblue10

Hmmm, some don't act like adults at times though.!

16. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

<laugh> No argument from me on that one....

17. itfcptc

itfcptc Well-Known Member

I think however professional players are it may well effect them and I think it would stupid not to realise that. players will be concerned about their place in the team or at the club particularly if they think another manager will come in, the dynamics will undoubtably change.

I don't think Mick has committed a terrible crime here I just think out of respect to the club he should rule himself out.

18. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

I can understand maybe a younger player that Mick has shown belief in (nouble/Mings) fearing that if MM goes then maybe they won't get the same backing but that said if any player is worried about losing a starting berth then they really need to perform to keep said starting berth and that is how it should always be....IMO.

Although we have had a few **** years..............its not often dull.............:smile:

19. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

The fact that he could have ruled himself out of the running, (just as BMcD and CH did) speaks volumes...he could have put all this to bed a long time ago, but hasn't...if he's offered the job, he'll go...

But then again, there is the conspiracy theory that maybe he's playing it like he is to get guaranteed transfer funds from ME in the January window...

20. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Would be a good move....