1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FAO brb

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by grumpygit, Mar 29, 2017.

1. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39339201

I know that this result won't please you, a game that left up to the match officials would have been a 1 - 1 draw, ended a 2 - 0 victory to Spain. Clearly the 2 - 0 result is the correct one, would you really have wanted it any other way ?

brb likes this.
  2. brb

brb CR250

I absolutely disagree with video technology. The ref was not cheating and made a correct decision through the use of video evidence, however, 10 or even 20 years from now supporters would still be debating how they were robbed, but now as technology progresses those debates will be eroded in the strive for perfection.

I actually feel very sad for the future generations of young football supporters they will sadly miss out on the true emotions the game can bring, before long our game will be nothing more than an F1 car going round in perfect technology controlled circles, no incidents, no excitement, just plain machine controlled humans at the touch of every ball.

At football, I want to be angry, I want to be mad, I want to say we woz robbed, rather than just look at alwaysrights face and say OMG!

grumpygit and alwaysright like this.
  3. WINDYROG

WINDYROG Well-Known Member

BRB....well as a Gills fan, all of your stated desires have been and always will be fulfilled!

grumpygit and brb like this.
  4. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

brb - I hate you - in fact I hate you more than our superb defence. I hope that there is a technical problem with your income going into my account - then I can just say " tough "

actually I hate you so much that I can't even be bothered to upload an image of a dinosaur.

Actually I hate you so much that I will insist on you being my guest at future games - and I hope that they'll be in the National League - then we won't know when the referee cheats - because the we won't be able to afford to paint the penalty spot - let alone pay for technology. :grin:

Last edited: Mar 29, 2017
    grumpygit and brb like this.
  5. brb

brb CR250

Lol - I'm so glad you brought up the National League, there are some decent teams in there at the moment I wouldn't mind watching haha.

As for the penalty spot painting ain't that grumpygit job?

grumpygit likes this.
  6. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Interesting comments brb.
    "strive for perfection"
    "just plain machine controlled humans"

Are we still talking about the rabble we call Gillingham. :emoticon-0136-giggl

brb likes this.
  7. brb

brb CR250

Just making sure every single 'customer' remembers who they are supporting ;)

grumpygit likes this.