1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fans point of view of my club

Discussion in 'Bournemouth' started by passit69, Feb 18, 2013.

1. passit69

passit69 Member

This is something a fan sent to me for a blog i was running hope it will give a bit of debate here.
    Welcome to the first in a line of articles from fans about their club, the first one is all about AFC Bournemouth.

I would like to thank jack jacko2255 ,you will find him on twitter,give him a follow and a thumbs up for this piece on his club.

Situated on the south coast of England, AFC Bournemouth currently play in the npower League One, where they have been since the 2009-10 season. The Cherries play at the Goldsands Stadium in Boscombe – although fans refer to it as Dean Court. The stadium has three stands, though a temporary one was put up during the promotion push of 2009-10.

Bournemouth’s recent history includes administration, a fight for Football League survival, a player bought back from Portsmouth by the fans and almost back-to-back promotions from League Two to the Championship. A Russian investor has helped the club with his money – and his wife even got in on the action by, apparently, giving a half-time team talk last season. This led to an outburst by Eddie Mitchell, live on BBC radio – I’m sure most Bournemouth fans would like to forget this…

The 2012/13 season started off under Paul Groves and Shaun Brooks, and it didn’t start well. Following on from Lee Bradbury’s reign, the pair managed just two wins at the end of the 2011/12 season and then just one win in 2012/13 – despite a host of new players coming into the squad.

Groves was sacked in October, with the team languishing near the League One relegation zone. Eddie Howe made a sensational return to the club, marking his fourth spell at the club – his second as manager. The team responded well and, despite Howe not being in charge, won the first game after he was announced as the new manager against Leyton Orient. This run continued when Howe led his team to a 3-1 win over then-unbeaten Tranmere Rovers. Howe’s second stint as AFC Bournemouth manager has seen only two defeats – one against Premier League Wigan Athletic in the FA Cup and Walsall in League One.

The club managed to go 18 games unbeaten – equalling a club record – in all competitions, including a mini FA Cup run that ended at the hands of Wigan. Howe has led the team from a relegation fight to a fight for promotion to the npower Championship, with the likes of Lewis Grabban, Marc Pugh, Harry Arter and Eunan O’Kane performing well.

In the January transfer window, Bournemouth made a permanent move for Brett Pitman, now in his second spell at the club, as well as Aberdeen winger Ryan Fraser, goalkeeper Ryan Allsop, and on-loan defender Dan Seaborne from Southampton. Not only this, but Bournemouth completed a swoop for Swindon winger Matt Ritchie – arguably the best winger in League One.

Recent form has suggested that the Cherries will be the team to watch in the final stages of the season, as the race for the League One title and promotion to the Championship hots up.

Once again, i like to thank jack,for his views on his club,and wish them well for the rest of the season.