1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fans know **** all

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Toss saints, Dec 18, 2016.

1. VVD

VVD Well-Known Member

Yeah apparently fans know **** all (except for Toss saints who is absolutely correct and always has been about JayRod so deserves his time to gloat :))

Lovelocum likes this.
  2. Lovelocum

Lovelocum Well-Known Member

Guys, guys , guys. What's become of us? All this bickerwing?

RIP Rick.

3. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

You do realise you agreed with me. In the world of knowing **** all speak, knowing **** all and not knowing **** all mean the same thing. Strange, but there it is.
    I see no problem with criticising supporters opinions. Those who put their opinions across should be ready to have them criticised. A supporter, by definition, is a trifle gobby. Otherwise it would be a less noisy stadium. And as to the so-called bell-ends, if we criticise them to the point where they change their behaviour for the better or leave the world of supporting football, then so much the better.

4. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Depends what you mean by knowing **** all....you can be as bright as you like and know a lot about football and still know nothing about what is going on at the club. And we are influenced by our natures....as much as some try to think they are coolly logical. I love all Saints players so defend them long after I should do....so when Jay comes good, I could convince myself that I am omniscient, but really it was just because I wanted him to come good because I like him and he's one of our own.

fatletiss and Archers Road like this.
  5. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

Bloody hell. I've dropped into SaintsWeb by mistake.

Opinions are opinions. No more. Occasionally, but rarely on this site, they are supported by evidence. The problem is that finding out what is happening at a football club is harder than working out the government's plans for Brexit - at least we get the occasional hint on this one. There seem to be one or two genuine itk people on here, but generally we are all collectively ignorant and so offer opinions. How well these are expressed; how people cope with "criticism" of their view varies. I don't think my opinion matters more than anyone else, nor am I intent on changing opinion. I have my "favourites" that I tend to seek out as I know they will put forward a cogent argument. But I'm interested in all opinion on here, albeit sometimes expressed in the language of the pub boor. That's life, ain't it?

6. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

To be fair, anyone who kept faith with Jay deserves their opportunity to gloat. Especially after having to read endless comments about how he was washed up, passed it, a waste of space, like playing with 10 men etc.

7. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

I was hanging in there with Jay for ages, upto this season, and then I'd see one or two of his recent contributions and realise he wasn't on it. I suggested he go out on loan at the beginning of this season.
    I went back through the matches upto his knee injury, and he was electric at times. That goal against Fulham, at Craven Cottage. Blimey, that was good. We were sure to lose him to a glamour club, etc...
    When he first came back, after the knee, he didn't look too bad. He looked like he needed a bit of playing time, that's all. Then he had severe foot pains and had an operation. Then there were other things that came out of not being match fit. And let's face it, he's been well off the instinct and pace since. And it's not as if we were incredibly well informed of his progress, so he has become easier to forget while we have a need to score goals. But if this is a sign of things finally turning around then I couldn't be happier for him. If the media start transferring him out again then we'll know he's back. ;)