1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fans know **** all

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Toss saints, Dec 18, 2016.

1. Toss saints

Toss saints Well-Known Member

I am going to gloat. For weeks I have heard J Rod is hopeless and worse. I have stuck to my guns and said give the lad a chance, he has been out for two years.

Where are you now! Suddenly looks like we have a premiership striker today and makes some of your comments look so petulant.

J Rod love from me, and when the second went it, I nearly wet my self

Today,'s morale is have some patience.

More pleased for Jay( despite a great result for the team)

And well done Puel

2. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Say it after more then one game. You also have to admit you were wrong about Puel otherwise...

:emoticon-0110-tongu

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    Toss saints likes this.
  3. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

Doubt that there is a Saints fan who isn't pleased for Jay. He's had a truly **** time. But for that injury he could be an established international and a regular in the Spurs team. So look on the bright side, Jay!

Seriously, I don't think this detracts from the argument that our striking options have been thin, to say the least. If Jay goes on from here to score regularly we'll all be delighted for the team and for him. He comes across as a quiet, polite young man and has never done anything that made us wince (are you listening Adam?).

4. mowgli

mowgli Well-Known Member

Likewise I'm pleased for Jay. I was just starting to wonder but these last three games he's worked really hard and got into some good positions in and around the box. His first touch has improved and most importantly, other players (the service he got before the injury have all but left) are learning where when and how to deliver the ball.

I'm always been a fan of Puel but again started to worry these last few games. It's not the results. It's the entertainment. It's not been good. Today was better but partly because the early goal forced us to be brave and we grew in confidence. A win won't bring the jury in just yet. It helps though.

5. craig222

craig222 Well-Known Member

I also haven't seen many people say to get rid of Jay completely. We've all been desperate for Jay to get back to how he used to be, which is why a lot of us have been calling for a loan move to a Championship club where he will be playing week in, week out. No doubt the injury to Austin is a blessing in disguise for Jay because he's actually getting the time he needs.

6. ImpSaint

ImpSaint Well-Known Member

My Son and I both leapt up from our kitchen bench (where we had been banished to watch footie on the laptop) and shouted "WHAT A GOAL" in unison for Jay's second.

7. Toss saints

Beefy, I have supported CP all the time apart from an embarrassing melt down fit me after the 6th Europa league game. I am ashamed of that but I was so disappointed and after all only human.

The signs have been there for Jay and that second goal - confidence is there after a scrappy first

8. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

Hope you are right about Jay, but we will have to see. Like I said on the match thread, I slag Jay off a lot not because I hate him, but because I want him to succeed. We still need another striker in Jan.

9. Saints_Alive

Saints_Alive Well-Known Member

Jay has always had the ability to score special goals out of nothing and you don't just lose that. He is also a confidence player that will improve with a run in the team, which he hasn't really had since his injury. Fans want everything instantly and, as is the case with Puel's team building, we should learn to be patient sometimes.

Toss saints likes this.
  10. Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc)

Ronnie Hotdog (MLsfc) Well-Known Member

Slightly ironic that you have spelt it: Fans "no" nothing.

Some of us know more than you may think!
    :1980_boogie_down:

11. Saints_Alive

Nothing scrappy about his first, TS...it was a superb set up by Davis and Jay anticipated well.

12. Toss saints

I tried do edit, but would not let me edit the title, too much cider at the local football club where my nine year old plays and Xmas party time!

13. Saints_Alive

You can edit the title by clicking on "thread tools", TS.

Toss saints likes this.
  14. steve79

steve79 Well-Known Member

People have been saying he is done.but in my opinion jay has looked good for a few games.just lacking confidence and a little bit of luck he could have scored in alot of the games he has played

Last edited: Dec 18, 2016
    tiggermaster likes this.
  15. Toss saints

Thanks SA- decided to make it a bit more powerful. That is his strongly I feel on this topic, quite a few on here, was Jay is rubbish, get rid, without giving him time, just so short sighted for a talented football player feeling his way back after a horrific injury. It made me quite cross

16. ----HistoryRepeating----

----HistoryRepeating---- Well-Known Member

The one thing that really matters is the club showed faith. That new contract was a big gamble in my eyes, but more importantly it was a vote of confidence from the club. One, that I think he wants to repay badly.

17. RedandWhiteManofKent

RedandWhiteManofKent Well-Known Member

So pleased for him. Last few games, although the goals dried up he has given 100% effort, always chasing a lost cause. I can't knock a player who gives his all.

This shouldn't mask the fact we need another striker.

On another note, well done yoshida. An accomplished performance today.

18. sotonsaint

sotonsaint Well-Known Member

Pleased for the lad, still need a striker in Jan though.

19. ......loading......

......loading...... 25 undefeated

This board seems to deal too much in black and white. Jrod doesn't score, so he is ****. JRod does score so he is the messiah.

My point lately is that he is much slower now. Is that really up for debate? In a previous thread I suggested he'll need to become a different striker, like when Kevin Davies changed from speed to power. There has been a whole swathe of opinion on Jay the last few weeks, which is the point of a forum, isn't it?

20. fatletiss

fatletiss Well-Known Member

Good post. The only posts I haven't liked in the Jay debates have been the petulant ones. There he been a genuine reason to debate Jay.

I've always said, right back to when we first signed him and played him wide, that I thought we'd develop him into a CF. It is only one game, but not am I delighted for the man.

......loading...... likes this.