1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fanny banned at Charlton

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by User deleted as requested, Mar 7, 2017.

1. User deleted as requested

User deleted as requested Well-Known Member

Following the announcement that brilliant CEO Katrien Meire wishes to take personal control of the POTY dinner, it has now been revealed that the Fans Forum can run it for one more year on the condition that the much respected Fanny is not involved.

(Multiple sources on CL)

Take this, from the folically challenged revolutionary Rick Everitt-

"My understanding is that the Club is prepared to allow POTY to go ahead in its usual format on 23 April if Fanny is not involved in the organisation"

A justified snub to an old busy body, or a brutal act of spite to a much revered Charlton fan?

2. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

I thought this deserved a thread of it's own. With the season disintegrating and the real possibility of a second successive relegation, it's good to see the moronic nature of Katrien Meire rising above the minutae of the CEO job in order to mount a petty spitefull and vindictive attack on Jean Hugelin (apologies for the spelling - she will always be Fanny Fanackapan to me).
    The POTY evenng seems to have been a successful event run by the fans, with a laid bak ambience and por food, but after being prevented from inflicting changes on it at the fans fórum, Katrien has now come back out with the intention of changing it, ostensibly to make it family friendly, but actually to spitefully remove the organiserd for daring to protest the ghastly way she and Roland run the club.
    I wish I'd gone before, as I would undoubtedly boycott it were the hateful Katrien to get her way. Judging by the empty terraces at the Valley, that would appear to be the keynote of Katriens life - everything she does drives the people away in droves. If only she could arrange a party at the Vally for Roland....

3. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

It's just something they don't need to concentrate on. Everyone inside the club should be working on how to stave off relegation and put plans in to try and have a decent summer recruitment for once.

4. User deleted as requested

If Fanny herself and Ian Wallis were not senior members of CARD / CAST /WAR / Oxfam etc then Meire would not have poked her long nose in.

Players - sh1te
    Manager - sh1te
    Crowds - sh1te

But let's Bollox up one of the few good things that work.

5. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Merged with Nicks thread <ok>

Ken Shabby likes this.
  6. Ken Shabby

Ken Shabby Well-Known Member

A post from ITTV by someone who apparently saw Meire in action working on the POTY.

Reams,
    Without wishing to revisit this subject I think that I should set the record straight a bit.
    When several parties sat down last year regarding this matter the only person who we found to be obstructive was Ms.Meire. Ian Wallis tried to be as proactive as possible with assisting with the club on several counts but with no avail. Meire's actions were also noted by Mel Baroni & Felicity Waller who both worked for the club. They also told me off the record over a cup of tea that they found her very hard to work with and that all the ideas they had about working with fans were met with a negative attitude and in most case a firm 'No' from Meire.
    I personally think that Meire's attempt to control the POTY event goes back to when she tried to stop Rick Everitt from speaking a few years ago because she was scared that he was go to preach is poisonous "Word" on the club.
    Its a shame as you say, as this event could be a good starting point to build relations.
    Paul.

Read more: http://intothevalley.proboards.com/thread/20956/2017-poty-format-proposals?page=2#ixzz4aevfIMhH

7. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

I'm going to wait and see if Rick's understanding is accurate, with regard to Jean being excluded.

8. User deleted as requested

9. DonCorleone

DonCorleone Well-Known Member

LargeAddick has said he spoke with Fanny on the weekend and it's all true. Elf will be dusting off his olive green sleeping bag once home from work.

10. The Kish

The Kish Well-Known Member

Don't know who she is and like I suspect the overwhelming majority of fans I couldn't care about anything less.

11. ForestHillBilly

ForestHillBilly Well-Known Member

Never been to POTY myself, but this looks like an unnecessary power struggle. Wouldn't surprise me if Roland is behind it. All pretty unsavoury, but what else have we come to expect.

12. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Hold it in a curry house around Chilsehurst, get some of our legends to come...
    - Matt Holand
    - Chris Powell
    - Yann Kermorgant
    - Curbs
    - Jonnie Jackson

Probably be a damn site cheaper and pleasant time.

Ken Shabby likes this.
  13. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

The Sweet Lemon.... is the best curry house near the training ground... the curry house in Chislehurst is OK but quite expensive. The Sushi restaurant Ty-8 in Chislehurst is good but.... once again it's expensive .... the Sushi place in Catford is very good and reasonably priced <ok>

14. Holden Chinaski

Holden Chinaski Well-Known Member

Even better, can walk there. Have not been in ages, do they still have the Princess Diana Room?

Sushi, eww! One of the few thing I will not eat. Like a lot of things but that's out.

15. User deleted as requested

First they ignore you

Then they laugh at you

Then they ban you from POTY.

You bought the right club Roland

DonCorleone likes this.
  16. deleted.....

Ehh?? I have never seen a Princess Diana Room I must say.

17. deleted.....

I'll take you to the place in Catford China, you'll love it... it's not all raw fish, that's a common misconception.

18. Miketyson2007

Miketyson2007 Well-Known Member

Couldn't give a toss about the POTY love in and who organises it and when or where it takes place ...could cancel it for ever suit me

Talal El likes this.
  19. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Can i get involved in the sushi chat? I thought i hated it until a month or so ago, but now I'm all over it.

Where's the place in catford AH? Can jump a 185 down there when I'm home.

20. deleted.....

It's near Costa Coffee, Google Sapporo Ichiban

Run by a lovely Japaneese couple.... if you go you MUST order the Catford Roll