1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fabregas Cheat?

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by jb_x606, Jan 24, 2011.

1. jb_x606

jb_x606 New Member

Basically im just experimenting here with starting a thread but this hopefully is an issue for discussion.

After the week long berating of berbatov on every radio and tv sports program going after the pen he was awarded against liverpool, im wondering why fabregas' tumble in the box on the weekend has not been given even a fraction of the same scrutiny.

In my opinion berbatov was caught by agger but went down too easily. by no means the worst 'dive' i have ever seen.

I only just saw the fabregas incident, in my opinion there was no contact at all and he simply 'tripped' himself up, ie a far worse example of diving.

Does this basically show the abu tendencies of the media in this country?

2. It'S A MIRacle_VictoriaCondordiaCrescit

No, but it does show that you have know nothing about football. Clear penalty, no qualms, maybe the red was harsh, but the defender didn't even complain (more class than Rafael?). Just because, after watching United for years, you haven't seen what a legitimate penalty claim is, considering most of yours are despicable dives, doesn't mean the referees don't know what a foul in the box is.

Well, there is my first retort to a blinkered piece of Manc commentary. Long may if continue on this forum (if it takes off amongst other regular 606ers). Good luck in the Premier League because it is your only chance of Silverware this season (CL=Barcelona, FA=Chelsea, CC=Arsenal) and hopefully us Gunners can run you quite close - hopefully we can even beat you to it.

Lets play nice now... no silly offensive remarks.

3. jb_x606

jb_x606 New Member

thanks for the reply even if you speak rubbish!

the sending off was inevitable once the foul was given. i have read somewhere that fabregas was pulled back which if that was the case then i didnt notice it on the view i had on ssnews. there certainly didnt look like there was a trip. as for united only getting pens from dives do me favour, from an arsenal fan!!!! this season alone 'the rooster' has gone down quicker than a brass working the docks, on more than one occasion, and walcott admitted to diving last week because he didnt get the pen in the hope he could get away with it in the future as he is obviously 'soooo honest'!

you may be right about the silverware.....i would be ecstatic if united 'only' won the league. not that im saying that we are sure to win it.

4. ooh-bebe_sifi1988

I've forgotten the 606 webite already.

back to the point, it wasn't a dive on fabregas' behald but he did go down easily, not a blatant penalty, and certainly not a red card.