1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread FA Cup QPR v Blackburn

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by QPR999, Jan 7, 2017.

1. BlindFaith

BlindFaith Well-Known Member

If that's the case haggle, ask for a pair of the rose tinted glasses that the management have clearly been wearing for the past few years, that or copious amounts of alcohol help.

deano58 likes this.
  2. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

We are obviously lacking a threat in front of goal, bring back Jay Emmanuel Thomas and play him up front with Ebere ... Eze Jet.

3. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

See what I mean... I suffered

Last edited: Jan 7, 2017
    NorwayRanger, QPR999 and MelburnIAN like this.
  4. hammersmith junior

hammersmith junior Well-Known Member

Depressing stuff,and can't understand why there wasn't one striker on the bench. Surely they aren't all injured are they ? So anyway now that Bidwell has a goal, he's one infront of Luongo ! That guy's never gonna score for us,please can we find a dark place to hide Gladwin ! Always next year,he said with tongue lodged firmly in cheek.

5. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

In fairness Polter, Sylla and Washington were all injured.

6. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Only one more year till we get the record

Wherever likes this.
  7. qpherts

qpherts Well-Known Member

Shd cut out the middle man an give whoever we play a bye save all the hassle!

deano58 likes this.
  8. qpherts

Add wba soton to the list

9. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

Queens Park Rangers boss Ian Holloway was disappointed after his side crashed out of the Emirates FA Cup on Saturday, but the positives he took away from the match against Blackburn Rovers was the display of two talented young Nigerian players.

Striker Eberechi Eze lasted 18 minutes on his debut before subbing out due to an ankle complaint, while Republic of Ireland U21 winger Olamide Shodipo was introduced in the 56th minute.

“I thought young Eze showed glimpses of what he’s capable of during the time he was on,” Holloway told the official website of QPR.
    “He will have plenty of time to play again. He’s only a kid still. He had to come off with a precautionary ankle injury.
    “Shodipo came on and did well so that’s another positive for us to take.”

http://allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=21647

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...burn-will-never-be-picked-again-a3435251.html

Ian Holloway vows QPR XI who lost to Blackburn 'will never be picked again'
    Holloway gave a number of fringe players a chance to impress and hinted they face the axe after failing to do so.
    "That team, who haven't played before, will never be picked again. Simple as that," said Holloway, who has never won an FA Cup game as Rangers boss.
    "I wanted that team to fight and do it for each other. Unfortunately they couldn't do it.
    "Simple things we don't do well enough as a group. It's very disappointing.
    "There will be changes. You've got to get your foot in and we didn't do it well enough.
    "Jamie Mackie did - he tackled everybody. But where's the rest? Come on.
    "I've made some changes but I wanted to win and I thought that was a strong enough team.
    "Are they ready? And if not, who am I going to change and where am I going to go?"

So who is he talking about. Not the back 6 (Ingrams is sort of exempt from this....and Perch, Ned, Hall, Lynch, Bidwell are our normal back 5 (but maybe Furlong will walk into the team on Thursday) and he has sang Mackies praises yesterday (and those of Eze, only on for 15 min and Shodipo too)

So he is talking simply about Gladwin, Luongo and Yeni. Two of which I can agree with, but thought that Luongo didn't do too bad, bearing in mind he had absolutely no support around him or outlets in front (for all Mackies buzzing around he was not much help as a target man)

Ollie was correct that team was strong enough to win, the first goal was very unlucky...but after that there was no fight and urgency.

10. Uber_Hoop

Uber_Hoop Well-Known Member

Gladwin has been a useless chump since Day One. Gladwin? Gladwhengone.

rangercol likes this.

11. Uber_Hoop

The more this season progresses the more apparent it is to me that Jimmy Flop Hassentaclue should be shot for releasing Faurlin. A fit Ale could have made such a difference to this season.

KooPeeArr, Ranger4ever and rangercol like this.
  12. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

I think he was offered a contract but wasn't promised to be first choice as apparently we were going to be a high energy pressing team which lasted about three games.

Luongo has a lot about him but this management aren't capable of getting the best from him IMO. I wouldn't be surprised to see him go in January and look good elsewhere. Meanwhile we will have a midfield full of players who can't pass a football and spend 90 minutes chipping the ball at the face of whichever mug is picked up front.

EscapeGoat likes this.
  13. Frome-Ranger

Frome-Ranger Well-Known Member

Ollie's statement about never picking that team again seems completely absurd to me seeing as 8 of the 10 outfield players picked are regular 1st team starters. So who the flying fudge is he digging out here? I assume Gladwin is one of them but who else? Seems to me he's just asking for a player revolt. I usually try and find the positives and I do like Ollie but something just ain't right, the modern footballer needs molly codling but Ollie's approach to player motivation seems more akin to something that might have worked in the 70's and 80's. Even at this level players are wealthy way, way beyond anything the average guy or gal in the stands could achieve so to me you can't expect them to react well to these sub-working class, man on the street type "motivational" rants. Whether we or Ollie like it the players will never, ever have the same passion we do (with a few notable exceptions Hill, Mackie, Derry, Faurlin etc).

SW Ranger, Hoop-Leif, qprbeth and 2 others like this.
  14. Uber_Hoop

Fair point. I'll revise my opinion to he should have been shot for not building his midfield around Faurlin. Ale always impressed me with his ability to win the ball in midfield and distribute it effectively so quickly; he always seemed to know what he was going to do with it before he'd actually won it. Luongo, for all his qualities, seems to need those moments with the ball at his feet, to make the space for himself and to work out what to do with it. Precious seconds can be wasted and all you get is a speculative 50/50 ball, whereas Faurlin's intelligence was the more apparent.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2017
    rangercol likes this.
  15. qpherts

Too quick to get rid of faurlin only ball player we had!

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  16. StortfordQPR

StortfordQPR Well-Known Member

I do sometimes wish that Ollie would shut up with the inane post match comments - he's beginning to sound as deluded as TF

Leave the whining to the likes of Jose M and concentrate on motivating the players for what is going to be a very challenging second half of the season

Right......I'm off to buy my train tickets for Blackburn :D

17. qprbeth

Forum Moderator

We have Chery...but he is so bereft of confidence, that he is leaving

18. KooPeeArr

KooPeeArr Well-Known Member

Faurlin must have really bought the sales pitch on the pressing game and his chances being so limited.

Every time we tried to drop him or, for that matter, Mackie we've just ended up bringing them back because the replacements are just lacking (quality and the ability to retain the ball in the case of the former and a desire to compete in the latter).

Get on the phone to Getafe quick!

Just waded through MOTD and we were the last, sorry game some 90 minutes in with the only comment being Trevor Sinclair saying that we can't seem to progress and the fans deserve a cup run for something to get excited about.

Uber_Hoop likes this.
  19. QPR999

QPR999 Well-Known Member
    Staff Member

Just seen this post from Peter Hucker on Facebook ...

Peter Hucker
    7 hrs ·
    Just watched the Blackburn goals what are they coaching the keepers, "catch the ****ing ball"

20. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Slightly harsh, though I think the second should have been parried to safety at least. The first goal was the fault of various players from Lynch for the stupid cross-field ball to Perch for failing to win a ball in the air he was favourite for (surprise) to Hall for not stopping the cross. The save from Ingram was a reasonable one.

QPR999 likes this.