1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread FA Cup - Goons vs Champions

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by StanDMan, May 27, 2017.

1. King Shergar

King Shergar Well-Known Member

Only one thing better than Chelsea losing that Cup final, and that's them getting cheated out of it by a handball goal <laugh>

Either way Arsenal did play a lot better than Chelsea, but I'm not buying that it wasn't a handball. You can't gain a massive advantage with your hands like that, and it not be a handball.

2. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cescy is 100% goner.
    Not sure I will be glad, but 100% sure I won't be disappointed if he leaves tomorrow.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/40076727
    It is a shame he has quoted that without doing anything during his sub appearance.

Last edited: May 30, 2017
  3. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

Costa is staying like 101%.
    So what do we do now?

4. The Ginger Marks

He's right Stan he has been very important for us this season and in hindsight should have started.

5. BobbyD

BobbyD President

It was a shame Cescy didn't start especially since Arsenal are not even strong down the middle (in my opinion). I'm glad we have Conte but i'm hoping he does not stick with Matic and Kante in the middle as there really is no possession for us (we end up hoofing long).

As for the match, it was unlucky that we fell behind to a sanchez handball but i was disappointed with our performance. We've seen time and again when we have fallen behind against the big teams or been pegged back, Matic and Kante do not offer much attacking wise (Kante can on the counter not when we are pressed or sit back, Matic is more than useless). Think that has been shown in the games against Spurs away, Liverpool Away, United away.

I think Conte wants to keep games tight rather than go and out smash teams up. I'd rather we just try to win a bit more rather than shut games down.

We were overrun in midfield today it was too easy to pass round our press and the space in the middile was too much as sanchez, ozil, xhaka and ramsay ran the show against Kante and Matic (too much for work them) in the first half.

Hazard was tired i think and for me he had a really bad game. Apart from the chance he setup for Pedro he was pretty non-existent and when he was in very good positions a few times, he did the standard Hazard thing and went into the middle where there were 3 central defenders and 2 holding midfielders waiting for him. It was pretty disappointing to see this time and again and i can't remember a time he tried going down the side.

Was also disappointed with Luiz. I expected Welbeck to give him the run around with his pace but Welbeck was holding him off to some of those high balls too easily. I would have wanted Luiz to do a bit more. Also he ballwatched on ozils chance and he should have been better positioned for Girouds Cross. He looked tired though and maybe injuries and games have worn him out a bit.

I thought we would do it against Arsenal as they are the biggest bottlers in the world but i guess they can't bottle it everytime.

Still been a great season though even if a disappointing end.

Oh also MOSES cut out the diving you cock

Naas Blue likes this.
  6. DferPolarBear

DferPolarBear Well-Known Member

Deserved nothing from that. Only showed for half of it. It would be easy to be accused of trying to diminish Arsenal's win by saying so , but it is only what I believe. It is one thing to lose gracefully after giving it all and quite another to watch how inept and abject your team is purely down to their attitude and I'm upset that the FA Cup wasn't done justice by my team. Yes some individuals did strive from the word go. I point the paw at manager, staff and captain.

7. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Don't think we were cheated out of the win at all, Arsenal smacked our lazy bums. But that goal was a welded on handball and should not have been given. Anyway, we'll make up for it in the CL. Hope we draw Arsenal !!!!!

StanDMan likes this.
  8. chelsea - over 100 years of history

One good thing to come out of this is 2 more years of Wenger ;)

Stan's bias sadly showing through in this thread. No mention of Moses' awful performance or pathetic dive that cost us any chance of coming back and winning - yet all over Cahill who actually worked really hard and saved us a couple of times.

9. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Never known a fan that hates one of there own players like Stan does about about Cahil lol.

10. chelsea - over 100 years of history

You should have seen his Mikel posts 1-2 years ago.

Mikel left and Alonso/Cahill became the new scapegoats for any bad results!!

11. StanDMan

Forum Moderator

<doh> <doh> Do you even bother to read the thread FFS??
    Here you go!!

I may be a honest critic but never biased <ok>

12. Liquidator

Liquidator Active Member

114% ? That's inflation for you.

13. chelsea - over 100 years of history

Your negativity is boring, I must have given up reading the thread after the first few moans....<laugh>