1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FA Cup 3rd Round Draw

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by Cottager58, Dec 4, 2016.

1. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Look out for this number tomorrow night at 7pm

please log in to view this image

Who do you fancy getting? If it turns out to be a PL side, wouldn't say no to Swansea and a repeat of 1995

please log in to view this image

Last edited: Dec 4, 2016
  2. Fabulous Fabio

Fabulous Fabio Well-Known Member

Normally in the early rounds of the cup I'd want to avoid premier league teams to try get a wee cup run on the go, but this time round I'd actually like to test ourselves against a PL team and see where we stand. A middle of the road team like Stoke or Palace would do nicely.

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I want what I always want: a home draw, or away to Bournemouth or Southampton, just because they are nice and close to me.

4. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

I'd like Arsenal away. Firstly We'd get loads of tickets for a great cup atmosphere. Secondly they probably wouldn't take us seriously and play a load of youngsters. Thirdly we'd actually play our first team for once.
    If not I'd like West Ham away. Firstly New Stadium. Secondly if they are still struggling we might stand a chance.
    If not I'd like Fleetwood/Shrewsbury away, what the FA Cup is all about, plus Fleetwood would be a new ground.

Teams I don't want to play away AFC Wimbledon, Accrington Stanley, or Bolton.

5. Fulham COYW

Fulham COYW Well-Known Member

so Cardiff it is.

6. Super Brian McBride

Super Brian McBride Well-Known Member

What a Boring draw. Cardiff away, can't see us putting a full team out. I hate when we get teams from the same division.

Cravingawin and Cottager58 like this.
  7. Cottager58

Not the Welsh team I wanted, and away, and against a Colin team. Somehow the 'Joy of the Cup' has already blooped. But hey, a whopping victory and that will all change.

PS Just seen the whole draw. Bit of a nightmare for you Captain; us away, Bournemouth at Millwall and Southampton at Norwich (relatives might like that one though?).

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
    Captain Morgan and Cravingawin like this.
  8. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Strangely, the Norwich contingent in the family all now live in Lancashire (where Mrs Captain was born), so even a home tie isn't good for them! To be honest, if they're not playing us I'm glad Bournemouth are away - parking round out way is a nightmare when they're at home.

9. Cottager58

Small blessings you haven't got the Millwall 'contingent' at home then, and that's without the parking!

10. Cottager58

Not sure whether this is good or bad news:

"Fulham’s Emirates FA Cup Third Round tie away to Cardiff City has been selected for live television coverage on BBC Wales and will therefore take place at 11.30am on Sunday 8th January.

As the Club understands the earlier kick-off time will present some logistical challenges for fans wishing to attend the match, there will be free coach travel for all Fulham supporters who want to support the team in Cardiff. These will depart from Craven Cottage and Motspur Park at 6.30am.

Tickets for the match will be priced at £10 for Adults and from £3 for Juniors if you're a Season Ticket Holder buying in advance. General Sale tickets and those bought on matchday are priced at £12 and from £5, respectively."