1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

F1 Testing starting sooooooooooooooooooooooon

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by JugglingJonah, Jan 27, 2011.

1. JugglingJonah

JugglingJonah Member

With The first tests of the new cars looming, I am both in awe and frightened <yikes> of what the testing will show us, not that it tells us a lot anyway as last years testing Ferrari were thought to be the best car, where reality showed us it was the 3rd best car.

That aside, RBR played a brilliant sandbagging hand at last years winter testing, which makes the whole testing even more intriguing, the spotters will be out, tucked away in niches at various parts of the track with their state of the art cameras trying to get some information on the opposition, teams will be surrounding their cars from prying eyes, who will be setting the fastest laps, who will stay out the longest, live timing... I cant wait.. christmas has come early :emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm

Not long now and our cold turkey will be over, testing is a little fix for us untill the season gets well and truly underway.

2. u408379965

u408379965 Well-Known Member

Really excited. I think I enjoy pre-season as much as the racing. Ferrari are unveiling their new car tomorrow, I can't wait to see it. I'm expecting the RB7 to be special as well, and I can't wait to see the new Renault in black and gold livery, hopefully Kubica will finally get another car capable of winning him races.

3. Hyperupdate

Hyperupdate Member

I be joining the F1 testing on the Red Button :)

4. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

Dont think its on the red button?

5. LewisWDC

LewisWDC New Member

Yeah its not on the red button.

6. Hyperupdate

Hyperupdate Member

What is it on then? Last years was on the red button :)

7. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

It should be on the rb, I think it will be, all they show on it is Tennis and boring things, they need to lighten it up with F1!!!

8. Forza Bianchi

Forza Bianchi Well-Known Member

I am really looking forward to Ferrari's launch. Their launch more then any other team because of all the rumours surrounding the car (e.g. new materials, new monocoque structure, interconnected suspension, etc.)

The launched can be followed live at Ferrari.com @ 10AM GMT+1 (9AM GMT)

I have a lesson tomorrow from 8:55 - 10:25. If get on the central line I can probably get home for 11. Hopefully I will get the chance to see the car in action, when Alonso gives the car it's shakedown.

9. JugglingJonah

JugglingJonah Member

I will be on the road when the launch takes place unless they launch it before 11am.. still can catch it when I get back on Tuesday next week, was hoping that testing would be on the red button but no matter, have live timing so not too bad.

think they is showing bowls on the red button during testing.

editted to add... had me days mixed up, it is today we are away for the weekend.

10. JugglingJonah

JugglingJonah Member

I can't remember if live timing do the testing, I am sure they did, the red button still may show it yet as it is subject to change, but just in case...

http://www.formula1.com/live_timing/

for those who do not have this, sign up for it, it is well good and hopefully it will give times for testing though it wont really tell us anything or give us a predictor for the races, but neither did the red button.. and it will feed the addiction.
    I can remember following testing live-ish via a spanish website via google translate, was good enough.

fingers crossed the red button coughs up though.

11. McWilliams

McWilliams Member

Jonah. I've decided to be your friend.

I don't believe the testing is televised nor does f1.com live timing show it. Autosport have quite a good live feed with 'unofficial' timings.

12. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

F1today.nl to live timing. its in dutch but you can translate it through google