1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Explosion in Manchester

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Libby, May 22, 2017.

1. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It's more dismissive than sulky. 'Sulky' is just your wishful thinking. You're just hopeful that you spark much interest, and upset that you don't.

You've hardly 'dropped me mid air' either. <doh>

You've just whined and played the victim, as usual. :emoticon-0118-yawn:

2. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Yeah I get the Gist, you are your God and you wil not find a God that fits your thinking. There are no Gods hiding under stones for the world to stumble across someday. You harbour the same thinking patterns that gave the world Charles Manson and David Koresh, the only difference is you are too much of a pussy to do anything about it.

Goodnight(once again)

3. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

The problem with that ignorant load of pap, is I'm not trying to build a new religion, or look for god particularly, I'm curious about why we have some emotions, instincts and feelings that we do, and keeping an open mind until evidence and rational thinking finds reasons.

It's far more rational and less dangerous to others than swallowing some guff edited together by some bloke for political gain. It's clearly nor providing you much comfort or peace.

4. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Probably would put that in the realm of being Agnostic, of which a basic definition is that, one is open to the possibility of 'God' without holding the belief (Atheist) that no such thing exists. I think the monotheistic portrayal of am Omni-present creator in the sky, who holds all the cards of creation and damnation, is one that more and more people are rejecting, whilst not completely dismissing the notion of spiritual belief in some kind of essence that is greater than the sum of its perceived parts.

We experience our reality via our brain and mind, but even the best deconstructionist attempt to explain away what people would call 'spiritual experience' and distil it into the rational reflexes of synaptic responses, falls inadequately short of giving an acceptable explanation of such experiences. We cannot prove or disprove the existence of God, no more that we can prove or disprove the existence of Love, although it's something that we all experience.

The rational deconstructionist view of Love would be to explain it as simply a chemical reaction in the brain, but we all know that falls woefully short of actually describing the experience, therefore you have to conclude that in the experience of Spirituality, lies the real explanation of what it is.

5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Fair points. I'd say that, while the experience of spirituality may well contain the essence of what it is, a look at some organised beliefs built around it can be demonstrated to be what it isn't.

The experience of deep trance, can, on occasion create feelings and sensations that are pretty much beyond description, but 'spiritual' comes very, very close. The mind is an amazing thing, and there's a lot about the universe that is simply not known.

6. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

And everyone has the right to remain silent. It's neither necessary nor appropriate for everyone in the country to respond as supposedly required by society.

Maybe some people - whatever their faith - prefer quiet reflection as a response to tragedy. I know I do.

7. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

As I put earlier mate, you could plainly see which direction this **** was going. I'd said my piece, and not wanting to get embroiled in endless tangents off the main theme, bowed out.

luvgonzo and DMD like this.
  8. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

It was obvious, and happens every time. My first replies said as much, in fact it included a link showing Muslims condemning the cowardly murders. Despite some clown trying to drag me in earlier, I kept out until the tone shifted too far. Some were even associating with the likes of Choudrey.

9. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

I switched off after some Cnut labeled Santa a jihadist... there is absolutely no proof of that (although we should be vigilant if we see suspicious looking reindeer) ...

More seriously, as a father of 3 girls myself, thoughts firmly with the families that are going through heartbreak that must be beyond comprehension.

The Ginger Marks likes this.
  10. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

It was obvious and yes you are right it happens everytime..and you happen to be at the forefront of it everytime..I have to prove myself everytime, i got to prove the validity of my faith everytime, ive got to justify my place in my own country everytime, ive got to answer on behalf of some nutcase everytime, yeah your right happens everytime, everytime something happens...this **** happens. The rest of your post is up your own arse bullshit as usual.

Go and expand your horizons and live amongst people that dont look like you, dont be scared <ok>

11. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

That's just another piss poor attempt to rewrite my views, and for you to whine on about being a 'victim'. It's you that needs to expand their horizons and pull your head out of your arse. :emoticon-0118-yawn:

12. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Daft argument that.

Of course they can't prove the existence of God, otherwise everyone on the planet would be a believer ffs.

All religion is based on faith.

luvgonzo likes this.
  13. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

A bit of a generalisation that like <laugh>

You don't have to have studied Theology in order to know that you don't believe in an Omnipotent being who controls the Universe, basic logic about does it.

14. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

FFS <doh>

15. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

Whilst it cannot be proved that 'God' exists, equally it cannot be proved that he/she/whatever, doesn't exist.

As Tobes said, it's a matter of faith. You either believe or you don't.

16. NSIS

NSIS Well-Known Member

17. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

How about we all just believe what we want and let everyone be happy in thy known self?

I'm an atheist, but I am not going to hold anyone beliefs against them, as long as those beliefs do not harm me or mine.

Libby, Archers Road and Tobes like this.
  18. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Exactly mate.

I was brought up in a very religious family, but once I reached my mid teens I decided that I didn't have any faith. I was agnostic for years, but in later life I moved more to atheism, as I find all religion is based on both control and man's inability to accept his own mortality.

I honestly think the World would be a better place without it, but that's merely my view, and I have no right to decry another persons faith, irrespective of what I think of their religion. A persons faith is their own personal choice.

All I expect is that no-one tries to force their beliefs on me, and that their faith doesn't impinge on my existence.

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  19. The Ginger Marks

^^^This
    Although the route of all religion is to force it on everybody or live by its edicts whether they want it or not (bhudists excluded cos they don't give a ****)

20. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

That's all fine but how are you going to pontificate on a football forum with such sensible views?