1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Explosion in Manchester

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Libby, May 22, 2017.

1. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

I know plenty about other religions. I don't reject their Gods, I don't point fingers at them, I don't care what people worship. I understand people's connection and relationship towards a faith. Your the Athiest, it's in your interests to disprove everything. Carry on with your eternal dilemma, I'm at peace with my faith. That equates to tough **** for you.

PINKIE and luvgonzo like this.
  2. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I don't want to offer an argument. All I know is that you ask questions with no interest in the answer. Any argument presented is immediately dismissed and your rhetoric continues.

3. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Except I'm not an atheist. <doh> I have no eternal dilemma, nor delusions for that matter, and I'm perfectly at peace, which based on your posts, you seem to be far from, and despite your paranoia and over-sensitivity, I'm not really pointing fingers. Which is tough **** for you. :emoticon-0105-wink:

4. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Well whatever you are, you have far too much to prove to yourself. The rest of your post was bollocks.

5. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

You don't know that at all, you're assuming it because it suits your peculiar logic. If someone actually answers on the actual topic the topic flows, , rather than replying with piss poor ad hominems, as you keep doing, when of course the response is liable to be dismissed. Like your reply, they're usually inaccurate and irrelevant.

When the topics are discussed, and tedious twats sit back, then the discussion can flow.

6. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I don't need to prove anything to myself, I'm quite aware of my limitations and comfortable with them. It looks like you with the fragile ego, insecurities and self doubt.

7. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

Just out of interest, you say you're not an Atheist, but you also say that believing in God is akin to believing in 'Fairy Tales'.
    So what are your spiritual beliefs ? If you have any ?

8. thefanwithnoname

thefanwithnoname Well-Known Member

Think you will find that's agnostic

So, by your own words, you think we all believe in an imaginary friend you just haven't decided what to call your own imaginary friend?

Damn kid you more confused than @Spurlock #shotsfiredatmymuslimbredren

Lovearsenalcock likes this.
  9. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

Or just can't be arsed to entertain you <ok>

10. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

If you want to apply that label, feel free. I don't consider myself one, but I don't care either. That's not by my own words, taht's by your feeble attempt at applying something that's not been stated. You seem a tad 'needy'. Maybe your god can provide you some much needed help.

11. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

That is not what is happening here, you are not interested in what anyone says. My stance was in my first post. I made it clear and don't need the world to agree with me.

12. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Fear not, you rarely entertain me. I find myuself feeling sorry for you when I read your replies to be honest.

13. thefanwithnoname

Sky's blue water wet you one confused mofo

14. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

You keep making these claims, and then force your own opinion through no matter what response you get; You keep demonstrating that you are the epitome of the criticism you offer.

15. thefanwithnoname

Is that you Bryan?

Seriously did you work as a store detective at the then new BandM in Southport?

16. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Hardly, it just seems that you can't handle things that don't fit in your pigeon holes.

17. thefanwithnoname

Didn't you just say I should feel free to apply labels to you?

PINKIE likes this.
  18. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

I started to reply to this a couple of times, but broke off to swat some small, but persistent tic turds.

I think it's a really good question, and I wish I had a better answer.

I don't really fit into any of the boxes, and it doesn't take much of a look at main stream religions to see that the god they describe is irrational, and the book they follow is man made, often for political gain, rather than holy, but most contain elements of older beliefs, that are incorporated largely to imply credibility and wider appeal.

I think I draw away from atheism, because I don't altogether dismiss the possibility of a creator, but not with the 'omni' powers and conditions of religions. I think we operate with base animal instincts, that are wired out through technological change, but history seems to show that those early instincts held some attraction with supernatural beliefs. It could simply the imagination awoke in our ancestors before more complex mental capacity and 'demons' was their way of making sense of the unknown. There's also the studies into parallel universe etc, that throw up other thoughts.

Not the best answer, but I hope you get the gist.

Last edited: May 25, 2017
  19. DMD

DMD Eh?
    Forum Moderator

Yes? And? It doesn't mean your labels fit. <doh>

20. Lovearsenalcock

Lovearsenalcock Homeboy
    Forum Moderator

<laugh> You spout this sulky **** on the Politics thread every time someone drops you mid air.

It's the equivalent of 'you was a **** shag' from an ex that one may have hurt <laugh>

Goodnight.