1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Exciting times??

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Tilsonthelegend, Jun 18, 2011.

1. Tilsonthelegend

Tilsonthelegend New Member

Hi all. I'm new to the forum but have been a rovers fan for many years. Even though I have only ever lived in Bristol for two weeks in my whole life I was born there so feel connected in some way to the blue side of the city. Anyway enough of that. The point of my post is that for the first time in ages I'm actually feeling very optimistic about the new season. A great appointment (in my opinion) of buckle as manager, a guy who plays football the right way. I've also been very impressed with the recruitment drive so far. It seems strange as for however long I remember we always seemed to lag behind other teams regarding pre season signings but we seem to be getting new guys in everyday. So, to save this becoming a dissertation I'm feeling good about actually looking forward to Saturday's again and not just praying to scrape a point here and there. :)

2. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

You have had 50 views on this and no replies.

I dont think anybody believes you!

3. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

no banksy, not everyone wants to comment on threads on other teams board like us ;).

our team is beginning to take shape. exciting times ahead indeed. city signed anyone yet? sold maynard to leicester for £2million yet?? ;)

4. Tom_BCFC

Tom_BCFC Billy Bibbit
    Forum Moderator

um yes we have signed someone <doh>

And NO Leicester will not be buying the best striker in the league for 2 million

5. pirate49

pirate49 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

'And NO Leicester will not be buying the best striker in the league for 2 million'

You're right of course...they won't be signing Lambert...but they might get Maynard! :cheesy:

6. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Millens was talking Championship league ,you are talking league 1 as regards to Fat Rickyeeee,you know the one you've just dropped out of....;)

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

who have you signed? did you end up getting that league 2 plymouth player?? i think you need better than that to keep you up ;)

8. pirate49

Forum Moderator

'you are talking league 1'
    DOH! I know it's getting late and the brain cell is tiring.....but Southampton are now in the Championship.
    Keep up oldboy!

9. banksyisourhero

I Dont know if I should be the one to break this to you gas boys, but,

You have just been relegated to league 2!

You have appointed a manager that most your fans seem very cool on!

You have just bought a complete new side of no marks and no ones, who the fans of the sides you are buying from are telling you they are ****e and being quite sincere and apologetic about it! (who was it said we are buying league 2 players. Is that good enough?)

I dont think you should be worrying about Millen after 10 games, I suggest you will need to look a little closer to home!

10. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

The comparison was being made between Nicky Maynard,a proven class goalscorer at Championshipship level and Fat Rickyeee...who is having his first experience at a higher level to prove himself..

In other words,a proven class product against a lower league possibility.....

Ok,professor...

11. gas

gas ACCOUNT DELETED
    Forum Moderator

The only thing factual about that statement Banksy is that we have been relegated to L2.

Almost every Gashead I`ve spoken to is pleased with the managerial appointment and Harold aside the comments regarding signings have on the whole been positive.

Personally I am worrried about Millen as I beleive if he is sacked you lot may possibly stay up and that just wouldn`t do. :emoticon-0100-smile

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

i wasnt pleased to begin with signing buckle. i thought we could do a lot better and get good experienced manager. but i did say now he is with us, i will support him. however he has really impressed me with his signings. we are building a strong league 2 side.

13. banksyisourhero

Sorry but you're not.

All rejects so far and any potential there is is not gonna happen overnight, you need to wind in your expectations massively!

I speak to a lot of your fans on a daily basis, normal run of the mill fans, who aren't overawed by whats happening, A bad start and your crowds are going to be minimal.

Ha, minimal, :1980_boogie_down:

14. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

just have to wait and see wont we.

congrats on your 2nd signing. whats this?? another league 2 player??? <laugh> sounds like the experienced player you need to keep you up ;)

15. pirate49

Forum Moderator

cjs...I'll whisper so no-one hears me! Have you been on www.ja606.co.uk recently? A number of
    us are posting on both boards but there seems to be a gradual gathering of the clans there.
    Bluebaldee recently arrived. Shhhhhhhhhh...........

16. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

Pirate 49.....I'll whisper this so no-one hears me,you might already know but cjs is already over there,his new identity is "gashead" 83 his other one was nicked...SHHhhhh.

17. pirate49

Forum Moderator

Well I never...different identities....disgraceful..........I'll have to keep my eyes open! :cheesy:

18. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

<grr> yep wiz is right. someone has signed up on ja606 as captain jack sparrow so i cant have it! i wouldnt be suprised if it was a ****head who did it as a wind up!

19. Natchrawldry

Natchrawldry Active Member

20. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Hello CJS and all - I've decided to register over here too.

So Cureton could be with us soon. Hopefully he'll sign and 82 won't grab him as a replacement for Maynard, who is apparently being sold to Leicester for a packet of Hula Hoops and a mule.

£59,210 per goal! What crackin' value!

It really does prove the old adage - a Lansdown and his money are soon parted.......