1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Everton v. Swansea City

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, Nov 13, 2016.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

upload_2016-11-13_8-18-14.png Everton v. Swansea City upload_2016-11-13_8-18-14.png

Premier League
    Date - Saturday, 19 November 2016
    Kick off - 15:00
    Venue - Goodison Park, Liverpool

Following the International Break, Swansea travel to Goodison Park to play Everton where they will come face to face with former Captain, Ashley Williams - a player whose departure is sorely missed.

Swansea's previous match was the 1-3 home defeat at the hands of Manchester United - the first 45 minutes was probably the most inept half of football played by the Swans since their entry into the PL. If anyone was still in any doubt up to that time, it confirmed that it could be a long & difficult season for the Jack Army.

That same weekend saw Everton crushed 5-0 by Chelsea, so they, like the Swans will be determined to show a huge improvement and get the show back on the road.

Swansea and Everton have played each other on 25 occasions, with the Swans winning 2, Everton 15 & there have been 8 draws.

In the corresponding fixture last season, which was Francesco Guidolin's first in the dug-out for Swansea, the Swans secured their first ever League victory over the Toffees, winning 2-1.

The Italian oversaw an improved display from the Swans, who led through Gylfi Sigurdsson's penalty.

The hosts levelled when Gareth Barry's near-post flick from a corner was touched into his own net by Jack Cork but Ayew's deflected strike won it.

Everton missed a host of chances, the best of which Seamus Coleman put over from six yards with the final kick.

Turning to Saturday, it is hard to imagine anything other than a home victory - I'll predict 3-1 to Everton, with Ashley Williams among the scorers for the Blue Half of Liverpool.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2016
  2. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

3-0. Lukaku and Barkley to rip us a new one :(

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  3. Nosugarman1

Nosugarman1 Well-Known Member

0-0 draw .Still hoping.

4. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

I'm inclined to go back to basics and play 4-5-1 for the rest of the season so the players know where they are.

I'd go for an ultra defensive system for Everton away to try and get a grubby 0-0.

-------------------Fabianski-------------------
    Rangel – Amat – van der Hoorn – Taylor
    Naughton – Fer – Cork - Siggy - Kingsley
    ---------------------Baston---------------------

Stumpy likes this.
  5. Taffvalerowdy

I've also toyed with the thought of playing Amat as a defensive midfielder, with Mawaon & VdH as centre backs. Could play him instead of Fer?

ValleyGraduate12 likes this.
  6. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

Agree. Amat or Fulton instead of Fer.

Stumpy likes this.
  7. Taffvalerowdy

Fulton may be a better shout as Amat failed in the role against West Ham in what turned out to be Laudrup's last match in charge.

8. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

TBH in a defensive line up I'd stick Dyer at CM before Fer :)

I'm disappointed Fulton hasn't been given a chance this season.

9. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

So's Fulton

10. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

....................................................................................................Fab

Naughton .................................Fernandez ....................................................................VDH...................................Kingsley

.....................................Cork ...................................................................................................Britton

Routs .....................................................................................Siggy ...........................................................................Montero

...............................................................................................Llorente

Pretty Please ....

11. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Fulton! The man who has never let the Swans down when he has played. The only one who shows a bit of steel - where is he???

DragonPhilljack and Stumpy like this.
  12. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

13. swan_and_only

swan_and_only Moderator
    Forum Moderator

0-1 Swansea. Apparently, If you tell a lie long and loud enough, people will eventually start to believe it.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  14. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

That'll be the voices in your head I'm afraid

15. ValleyGraduate12

Forum Moderator

16. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

We will finally hit bottom of the league this weekend. The hapless and incompetent BB will have his last game in charge as we get totally out played and he plays some strange formation that the players have no idea what they are doing. The selections will again be strange and no one can understand them. We will be 3-0 down early and then rally a little in the last 10mins and lose 3-1, only for BB to come and say things are improving but the players are not fully complying with his instructions. That is what my head says.

My heart is praying we can nick a point.

If we do lose which I suspect we will. I hope they have the balls to say enough is enough and he is out of his depth and sack him and bring the only person who has any chance of getting us out of this Sam Allardyce.

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  17. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Well I hope we put on some display with a semblance of pride and effort , if we lose because of being beaten by the better team so be it , but another performance like we've just witnessed v Utd then the voices of dissension will only get louder .I'm travelling up there in hope rather than anticipation but how sad to have to hope that the manager/team don't embarrass the Club any more than it has.

PGFWhite likes this.
  18. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

How far we've fallen that Allardyce is our only hope .

neveroffsidereff likes this.
  19. Stumpy

Stumpy Well-Known Member

Not that far surely

20. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

He wouldn't be my choice for certain , any other potential candidates will have observed what a basket case the club has be come so I suppose it's a case of clutching now at any hope that we can turn this season around .But regardless it's what the yanks do or don't do this coming transfer window which will determine our fate with no change of manager or new players in and our best players out then we are down .imo .Not only are the tactics wrong but also the commitment by the players . kick and hope out from the back with little creativity, not for me .

Stumpy likes this.