1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

European Elections

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, May 22, 2014.

1. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

I thought you voted for them Weighty. So presumably you know what their policies are?

2. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

No you thought I just liked purple.....:tongue:..

UKIP want to control the borders so we can control who comes in to try to stop people coming to take from the pot before contributing to the pot.

3. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

So this makes me a homophobe and a racist!

Any other slurs you want to label me with?

4. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Does it? I asked a question based on the statement that you made Mr Wark.

5. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Given that most of the immigrants from Eastern Europe come to work, that doesn't really seem that sensible. What about white Britons, whose ancestors are from this country, who have never worked? Wouldn't it make more sense to tackle them and allow hardworking people to live here?

6. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Why not just say Britons?????

7. Cruyff's Turn

Cruyff's Turn Well-Known Member

Your reading of 80's politics is askew Warky old bean.Thatch was saved by two things 1.The Falklands:Despite the Argentine invasion being a result of misreading the signals after we withdrew our forces due to spending cuts she was credited with winning them back and 2 The formation of the SDP that split the left vote.In early 1982 she was 15% behind in the polls.Oh and 3 Labour choosing Michael Foot over Denis Healey....Silly Billies.

8. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

Steady CT, if JWM gets into full swing you'll feel as if you've been savaged by a dead sheep!

9. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Because far right parties like the one that you have just voted for tend to divide people into those sorts of categories. People who you want to close the borders to would become British subjects, or Britons, as many immigrants already are. Presumably if you want a change and it's not based on race then it's based on the behaviour or lifestyles of some of the people who are already here?

10. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

'Control the borders'

11. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Presumably you believe some immigrants have been doing that. Many of those immigrants are British subjects.

12. Hoppersblue10

Hoppersblue10 Well-Known Member

Weighty the blinkers are on, you will not get any place with him.

The majority of people including myself voted for UKIP simply because we want our immigration policy tightened, we don't necessarily want borders closed just better control of who and the amount of who is coming in, it is not an usual request after all many countries have tougher measures on who gets to come in. We are not the only country that has expressed this opinion this week, similar results have been seen in other Western European countries this weekend. I am sure most businesses will cope with a few less Eastern European immigrants coming in.

The other area that needs addressing is getting work shy Britons of their backsides and working for a living, it is far to easy still to make a living out of doing nothing in this country!

13. Hoppersblue10

I think you will find that most Eastern European immigrants are not from these shores therefore not British subjects.

14. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Hoppers, if you want the borders watertight you basically have to thoroughly check every lorry, container and plane that comes to Britain and tag anyone who comes to visit. Australia, which I presume you would hold up as example, does not share anything like the same geography or social make up as Britain.

If you want to stop European people moving freely then you say goodbye to all the benefits of the EU, which most importantly for me include trade, human and workers rights and holding our own government and courts to account.

15. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

I think you'll find that by now many Polish immigrants and many more immigrants from other parts of the world before them who were not born here will be British subjects Hoppers.

I'm 95% certain that you need to have five years of unbroken legal residency to apply.

16. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Getting the amount of people on benefits that don't work at all is another issue that needs to be dealt with among many others.

17. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

Do EU countries only trade with other EU countries?

18. Hoppersblue10

What a load of rubbish,I am 100% certain that Poles etc that have been in this country for 5 years or more still see themselves as Poles etc and not British.

They would simply apply for British citizenship etc so they can reap the benefits

19. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Well, I can tell you that hundreds of thousands if not millions of first generation immigrants are british subjects. So, hence the distinction I made in my earlier post.

Weighty - Hoppers is one of many UKIP supporters who can answer your question "why not just say Britons"

20. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

Nope, but I can tell you that losing some of our European exports and investment in this country, such as the car market, that comes as a benefit of our EU membership would result in an awful lot of job losses.

You would have a lot more people on benefits. But, at least I suppose they would be people who were already here.