1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

European Elections

Discussion in 'Ipswich Town' started by Westlake33, May 22, 2014.

1. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

I hope you fellow townies will all vote today, one way or other ( preferably my way of course ! :D ) just kidding.

About to lodge my vote :)

2. Guru of Ipswich

Guru of Ipswich Well-Known Member

Yeah always vote, I feel if you don't vote then you can't moan about whoever is in charge. Also people lost their lives for the fact that we can have the right to vote on stuff.

3. wellyblue

wellyblue Well-Known Member

I gave up voting years ago, if voting could really change anything the Government would have abolished it.

They're all ****s.

4. Westlake33

Westlake33 Well-Known Member

Surely worth a vote one way or other Welly?

Agree I like them all about the same ( not very much ) but I'd rather vote the way slightly more inkeeping with my views than the party I hate the most!

5. stretchyboy

stretchyboy Well-Known Member

I wonder how open people are to telling others who they will vote for.
    I still don't get why all the secrecy behind who you will vote for....what are you so afraid of by telling others?

6. johnnywarksmoustache

johnnywarksmoustache Well-Known Member

I have voted Conservative all my adult life BUT today I am voting UKIP! <ok>

We need to give the 3 main parties a right good kicking today as they have taken our support for granted for far too long! None of them are in touch with reality and they live in the Westminster Bubble above ordinary voters concerns. I have had enough and Mr Farage can have my vote!

7. Guru of Ipswich

UKIP for me.

8. canary-dave

canary-dave Well-Known Member

What is really scary is the similarities between the German Nazi party of the early 1930's and UKIP now, both looked to be a better option than the ruling party they took over from! How long before Farage grows a short moustache?

9. johnnywarksmoustache

I think you have fallen for the Propaganda generated by the 3 main parties and their mouth piece the BBC! <ok>

10. canary-dave

I hadn't realised it had been raised elsewhere, this is purely my personal opinion!

11. johnnywarksmoustache

Fair comment Dave <ok>

12. YorkieLancsHampyLondoner

YorkieLancsHampyLondoner Well-Known Member

It's simply stating the obvious, with the exception of course of the phrase about looking like a better option <ok>

I don't go along with this thing about not having a right to a voice if you don't vote. Whether you spoil a ballot paper or you're not moved enough to go to the polling station it's the same outcome and both sets of data are recorded.

Doing nothing is better than voting for somebody you don't actually want to give power to 'send a message' - it's a dangerous game. Tactical voting is obviously different but look how that turned out at the last general election.

How about voting for someone you want to give power to, or if you're not arsed stay at home and let the people who are decide.

Stretchy - having the right to secrecy is a vital element of democracy - because who you vote for should be your choice alone and you should not face ridicule or intimidation to vote any way (unless you choose to disclose it). Because it's a secret ballot you can of course vote any way you choose and then lie if you want to <ok>

13. Guru of Ipswich

Dave, You know you really shouldn't make it this easy for me to get into trouble!

14. stretchyboy

Warky - I'm with you 100% - I too have have voted tory (and will do at the generals) and today will be UKIP for the Euros (don't quite think their policies are broad enough to be given my vote for the generals)

Hampy - I don't get how having secrecy is vital to democracy! IMO it's not a lot different from disclosing which football club you support.
    If i want the country to be led/governed in a certain way, then i will express my views to anyone that is interested. If by me expressing MY views changes someone elses outlook, then it probably shows that they don't really know what they want (or don't know what is going on)

15. WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM

WEIGHTY CRIMSON PLUM Well-Known Member

16. canary-dave

There is no such thing as a secret ballot, when they give you your ballot paper, they first write your voting reference number on it so the counters can easily find out who voted what!

17. canary-dave

Do your damnedest sweetheart, you are equally entitled to your opinion as I am to mine!

18. Hoppersblue10

Hoppersblue10 Well-Known Member

UKIP tonight & probably in the general.!

19. stretchyboy

Wow - never realised there were so many disgruntled people now voting UKIP - Looks like it could be a very interesting night ahead if Town fans are anything to go by.

20. ThaiCanary

ThaiCanary Well-Known Member

If I was in the UK, I would also be voting for UKIP, and this is a trend I can see growing in the next few years. The two main parties should be worried, and indeed they are as they go out of their way to strike the fear of UKIP extremism in to the herds of the brainless sheep that reside on that little island.