1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Off Topic European Debate Thread

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, May 6, 2016.

?

In, out, or undecided?

1. In

12 vote(s)
    27.3%
  2. Out

27 vote(s)
    61.4%
  3. Undecided

5 vote(s)
    11.4%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sapphire

Sapphire Well-Known Member

You are hard work. We have voted for Brexit. It's done and dusted. Get your needle out of the groove of your cracked record.

We are discussing the future. The past is the past.

Read the news items below and you will see that there are serious issues to discuss.

http://metro.co.uk/2016/06/25/franc...ur-border-back-to-dover-after-brexit-5966133/
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2016/mar/03/calais-border-treaty-brexit-what-is-france-saying
    http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/567141/France-quit-Le-Touquet-Treaty-making-free-to-cross-channel

Go forward with the rest of us!

2. banksyisourhero

banksyisourhero Well-Known Member

You really are an idiot aren't you..

The post I put up was from The Guardian on June 25th and you accused me of quoting from 3 months ago.. CJS corrected you and said it was current.

You then decide to put up 3 links one dated March. One dated April and one from the Metro which is always about a week behind the news.

You didn't even read your own link did you!

"What is France’s official position?

Although Manuel Valls, the French prime minister, said in 2013 that he would like to see “certain aspects” revised, there is no indication that Paris is seriously considering backing out of the treaty, which it could do simply by giving two years’ notice.

A senior French government source told the AFP news agency this week that the accords “are not destined to be revoked”. The main problem for France is that it is hard to see how a loosening of the border controls around Calais would do anything other than increase the numbers of migrants arriving on the northern French coast seeking to reach Britain

Go forward with the rest of us, you say.

My point all along.

You're just whining mate..

3. banksyisourhero

As you like the Media so much maybe it would be worth listening to what The Italian media is saying (currently.. not 3 months ago!)

4. Sapphire

Your link was to an article in March.
    CJS mistook my comment which referred to your article.
    Try reading what people say instead of assuming that they are arguing a completely different issue.
    We all have. We have left the past where it belongs.
    Read the links I sent you and you will see where I was coming from.
    You should also be aware that resorting to personal abuse means that your comments bear no weight whatsoever.

5. banksyisourhero

I have and I don't.. the link I put was dated 25th june.. Yours are dated April and March!

"Saturday 25 June 2016 10.45 BST"

You are one to talk about personal abuse aren't you!

I have a very good memory mate and I can remember some of the vile abuse you gave to Wiz.

Apparently not? as would appear from your continued whining and all the crying (literally) all over social media. This debate is 80+ pages long and because you turn up 5 pages from the end with your minority opinion, you think you can tell me I'm hard work.

You can go back to the Sag board where you have been hiding for the last 2 years now since the last time you were crying all over the threads.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2016
  6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I watched the show the show this morning. I liked how they brought up Rohan Silva's article in the Sunday Times today. He was a remainer but since the decision he has seen all the positives and made a great article with brilliant points. If you are still unhappy about leave winning, then read his article.

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Wiz's last comment was ahead of you my friend <whistle>

banksyisourhero likes this.
  8. banksyisourhero

A man who sits in the EU parliament on a daily basis, a well educated man who has just voted to remove his own job.. An honest man!

9. banksyisourhero

Quite right, sorry Wiz I missed that post!

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  10. Sapphire

11. Sapphire

I cant be bothered to waste any more of my time answering your twaddle.

12. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Don't fall for it Banksy. Key word in that poster is 'could'. They were pointing out that the £350 million that we don't need to put a side each week for the EU 'could' go to the NHS. They were emphasising the point that we can do what we want with that money. They have to make a point on that poster. They can't say on that poster exactly everywhere where that money will go. But they have made the point several times in live debates and in interviews that they will only be giving the NHS around £100 million a week.

Don't fall for it Banksy.

13. banksyisourhero

Thought not..

14. banksyisourhero

Fair enough.it only showed the poster fleetingly. I thought it said "We will give £350m per week to the NHS"

It was the first time I had seen that particular poster..

15. Premiershiporbust IV

Premiershiporbust IV Active Member

If I heard this and the Italian gentlemen's video's correctly, there is a gap of €1.7 trillion which they say is not covered. I do not understand this great vitriol and joy about taking down the EU. If it goes, becaue of the global nature of debt, there is a fair chance that they will drag us down the plug hole with them...

So, we can do business with the "emerging" world plus, our greatest white horse being America

Let's examine the US's debt then http://www.usdebtclock.org/ - this a real time figure clock for which there are 2 key figures.

- The first one is in the top left hand corner, currently standing at $19.3 trillion dollars and rising.
    - The second one is in the second row, middle column - US gross domestic product

(it's worth looking at some of the others too)

Anyone notice something....? - that's right, the US national debt is greater than their GDP and is still rising. They are, to all intents and purposes, no longer a going concern, bankrupt. Worse, around 6% of the debt is owned by China, the only reason they are still going is because they are "too big to fail" but this assumes a period of world peace and no threat of major conflict.

So, America is really a bigger lame duck than the EU but we are falling over ourselves to do business with them - go figure as they say...

16. Red Robin

Red Robin Well-Known Member

What a speech top drawer<applause><applause><applause>

17. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

18. Premiershiporbust IV

Day Three

- UK stocks down and banks in particular get hammered again. RBS and Barclays temporarily suspended following drops of over 10% - RBS now down 15%. Foreign banks also down significantly over passporting worries.

The storm on the stock market is over...? - why is the FTSE 250 (which is primarily for UK companies rather than the multi-nations on the FTSE 100) down over 3% then. The chancellor did his best to stabilise markets this morning, even withdrew his threat re an emergency budget (clearly as he wants to be next PM and this would scupper that wish) - didn't have much effect.

- Labour, and in particular Corbyn has now effectively ruled Labour out of the race in the election so it will be a Tory run administration.

This will have exactly the OPPOSITE effect that was hoped for re the NHS and other public services with more savage cuts when the true extent of what we have done, sinks in.

Incidentally, what breath taking arrogance on the part of the UK government to say to the EU, we don't want to be in your club anymore but WE will choose when we leave...

I gather it seems perfectly acceptable to some on here so, let me put this in football parlance. We have had City players say that they don't want to sign a new contract/play for us anymore. What is the general approach to this across these boards...? Pretty universally, it is that if the player doesn't want to play for us any more, then **** him out of the club immediately so, why is it different when the boot is on the other foot....?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2016
  19. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

It says here in the article that we have 2 years to conclude new arrangements, so why say our government is displaying breath taking arrogance?

Article 50 says: “Any member state may decide to withdraw from the union in accordance with its own constitutional requirements.”
    It specifies that a leaver should notify the European council of its intention, negotiate a deal on its withdrawal and establish legal grounds for a future relationship with the EU. On the European side, the agreement needs a qualified majority of member states and consent of the European parliament.
    The only real quantifiable detail in the article is a provision that gives negotiators two years from the date of article 50 notification to conclude new arrangements. Failure to do so results in the exiting state falling out of the EU with no new provisions in place, unless every one of the remaining EU states agrees to extend the negotiations.

20. Premiershiporbust IV

Because it is 2 years from when article 50 is triggered. Currently this is not going to be before we have a new PM so that it at least 3 months and even then, it may not be triggered for months, years even or if you listen to some, NEVER...

Having voted to say we don't like your club any more we're off, we should trigger article 50 now and not when it suits us to do so. THIS is the arrogance...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.