1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

europe

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Vincemac, Feb 2, 2011.

1. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

i am still very confident we will gain an euopean place the other chasing pack have still alot to do and i feel the only danger will come from liverpool <bubbly>

2. trevmacksw

trevmacksw Member

agree with that vince also there might be a chance with seventh we can only hope eh

3. Makemstine Roger

Makemstine Roger Well-Known Member

I posted this comment on another thread Vince but feel it is relevant here.

We must get into Europa this season, if we want to attract a better standard of player, problem is while we are not up to the quality of the top 5 in squad depth, Liverpool and Villa have also splashed out to threaten. so defence and strikers need to be strengthen with quality to be able to withstand the rigours of next season.

Now is the perfect time to push on otherwise we will lose the impetus and be overtaken, I have watched last nights match 3 times now and whilst there were some outstanding performances, it was glaringly obvious who is not up to the task.
    whilst i will be slated by some Ferdinand Richardson and Henderson in my view left a lot to be desired, on the opposite side there were outstanding performances by Bardsley, Bramble and even Mohammadi if he can progress to take on and beat the defences instead on long passes in, we are also crying out for a target man to hold the ball up and release Gyan, we sorely miss Campbell and Welbeck.

That's my opinion lads no doubt there will be those amongst you who think differently. i await your views.

4. trevmacksw

trevmacksw Member

thing is if we can keep our noses in front i dont think we are gonna have a better chance of europe with liverpool and villa +everton with bad starts i think thats why bruce has brought in sess and muntari in now as he thinks we might have a half chance of getting there

5. REDNOTDEAD

REDNOTDEAD New Member

Bring on europe let Mr Short and Sir Nial guide us sign a couple of strikers and have a go "WHO DARES WINS"