1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Europa League

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by James_8, Jan 30, 2011.

1. James_8

James_8 Member

I really want to win the Europa League this season, even more so after this Torres crap and the fact it would be amazing for Kenny to win it. *For that to happen, we need a striker.

I'd rather have Anelka be that striker than the other two options which are 1) Torres stays or 2) He goes and we don't have a replacement.

If there's a third option whereby we have someone lined up, great. *But if that option isn't there then give me Anelka over the alternatives.

I want that Europa League badly, and I bet Kenny does too.

2. Sir_Red

Sir_Red Well-Known Member

A trophy this season would be great for team morale and for us fans. I also hope Chelsea crash and burn with their ageing squad, It would be priceless if we somehow managed to finish above them this season.

3. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

I was gonna say that too. Imagine if we snuck into 4th and they dropped into 5th! We can dream...although they do have to play united twice. I fancy we could beat man city and spurs at anfield if we turn up for it, and even united for that matter. People go on about Torres at Wolves, but all he had to do was poke the ball in after the rest of the work was done by meireles/kuyt. We just need someone who can finish, and Suarez and Anelka have plenty of goals between them this season and last.

4. Hash.

Hash. pure daycent

i feel we will win it if torres goes.. he was a great player and all that but he was a jonah too.. 2005 cl winners,2006 fa cup winners 2007 torres joins no trophy , 2008 blank 2009 blank 2010 blank 2011 ??? torres out el cup hmmm

5. suarezlfc

suarezlfc Active Member

It was the same at Atletico. He leaves, they get to the final of the copa del rey and win the intertoto (ok, not hard, but a trophy all the same) the europa league and the super cup!