1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Europa League squad

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by fulhamish1977, Jun 29, 2011.

1. Surlyc

Surlyc Well-Known Member

In the Arsenal game, Hughes played Senderos at CB and moved Aaron out to RB. I suspect Jol would also feel that its a better bet to play Aaron at RB ahead of Senderos, although in all honestly Marsh-Brown would be a much better bet as Aaron is just not quick enough to be an effective RB (and, in fact, looked quite alot like Salcido when playing at RB...).

2. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Really looking forward to tonights game. From what Jol is saying he will use the whole squad (which i'm guessing mean we will see some of the new breed players)

3. Gillyffc

Gillyffc Member

4. WhatDoesWoyWant?

My team tonight

-------------------Stockdale--------------------
    Senderos----Hughes------Hangeland-------Briggs
    Riise------Dikgacoi------Muphy------Marsh-Brown
    ------------Zamora----------------------------
    -----------------Dalle Valle--------------------

5. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

I don't see Senderos playing at fullback. If that was the eleven I think Hughes and Senderos would be in each other's positions.
    Has Dikgacoi been on international duty this summer? I'd like to see him play, but if he has been active, he may miss out to someone who has had more time off.

How about this:

-----------------Stockdale----------------
    Marsh-Brown ---- Baird ---- Briggs ---- Kelly
    Riise ---- Sidwell ------- Greening --- Davies
    --------- Zamora ----- Dalla Valle----------

With one of the youngsters (Harris, Frei) coming on in midfield if we get a comfortable lead.
    If Baird isn't at centre-back (and I could see Hughes, Senderos or Halliche playing instead) then I'd be just as happy with Baird at left-back as Kelly.

I've never understood why Kelly gets as much flack as he does. He's looked okay on the occasions I've watched him. I agree that he's a squad player at best, but this is the ideal time for squad players to do their thing, isn't it?

6. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Yeah that looks good

Marsh brown is a Right Midfielder I thought??

I saw Dikagcoi in the training photos so I'm guessing he could be in the mix..

I'm Liking the idea of (Harris, Frei) coming on in midfield if we get a comfortable lead <ok>

7. WhatDoesWoyWant?

He is a RB as I have just been told

8. Captain Morgan

He's certainly right sided, although he can play in midfield or at right-back. I wasn't sure why you had him on the left of your team - was that deliberate?

It's a shame that Kacaniklic isn't in the squad, I would have liked to see what he can do at left-wing. I say 'would have liked to see', I'm not able to get to the match tonight, more's the pity.

9. WhatDoesWoyWant?

To be honest I pretty much threw in a GK, 4xDefenders, 4xMidfielders and 2xStrikers

Jol only asked me to pick my starting 11, i said I'd leave him to sort out where he is putting them all specifically..

10. Captain Morgan

I don't believe that - Jol won't take anyone on his staff unless they've got a comedy name with euphemistic connotations. I think Segers only got the goalkeeping coach job because of the possibilities of combining Hans with Cock... no, that joke is even beneath me. I'll get me coat.

11. frogman27

frogman27 Member

I think we should try to put the tie to bed early, so expect a fairly decent line up to start with. If BZ is fit, I think he will start up front. Murph' and Sidders in the middle. Kelly and Briggs at full backs. Would love to Keanu Marsh Brown on the right and Jesus on the left. AJ to play alongside BZ. I am genuinely intrigued to see how AJ plays under Jol's attacking football. This is surely his final season to show he can score goals, personally, I hope he surprises us all. Not sure about Harris coming on though, against Everton in the youth final his positioning was fairly dodgy. Good talent but may be a bit early for him.

12. leegnufc123

leegnufc123 New Member

is there any live tv coverage of your lots game tonight?
    cheers

13. WhatDoesWoyWant?

14. Captain Morgan

Thanks for the tip-off, WDWW.