1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Europa League squad

Discussion in 'Fulham' started by fulhamish1977, Jun 29, 2011.

1. fulhamish1977

fulhamish1977 Member

2. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Well found, good to see a few of the younger lads named

3. Captain Morgan

Captain Morgan Well-Known Member

Interesting for the youngsters that aren't included - no Hoesson, Kacaniklic, Marsh-Brown, etc. Let's hope that some of the youngsters get a run out on Thursday night.

Good find, Fulhamish. Thanks for this.

4. WhatDoesWoyWant?

5. Penguin

Penguin Member

Both interesting squads. The main thing about our opponents that strikes me is that, assuming GHA stands for Ghana, how on earth did a Ghanain end up in the Faroes and how does the poor guy survive the winters up there???!

As for our squad, I agree its good to see some of the younger guys and really hope we'll see some of them play tomorrow. Presumably the squad can get adjusted at some stage so Clint and Salcido (and any new signings) can be added.

6. WhatDoesWoyWant?

From what I have heard the first few round you have to provide a squad of players to pick from for each game, you can then change it again if/when you get to the Group Stages. Dont worry we won't be without Clint for long

7. Penguin

Penguin Member

[QUOTE Dont worry we won't be without Clint for long[/QUOTE]

Phew! although frankly I'm disappointed he's not back in training this week. Surely 4 days off between seasons is enough for anyone?!

8. fulhamish1977

fulhamish1977 Member

9. Captain Morgan

Is their one keeper any good? Perhaps we should try to sign him...

10. WhatDoesWoyWant?

<applause>

You need to stop now hahahahaha

11. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

Is Riise still with us? I thought he left last year!!!

12. FFC_Madness

FFC_Madness Well-Known Member

Btw, have you read their stats? They haven't won or drawn a single game the last few years...

13. Captain Morgan

He went on loan to Sheffield Utd, and if they had stayed up they may well have made a bid to take him permanently - he seemed to get a good write up on their boards. I think if Hughes had stayed, Riise would have been on his way out this summer. He may still be, but with a new manager he'll possibly get another chance to show what he can do. I always felt that he had the potential to establish himself. If he gets a game or two in these early Europa rounds, who knows what will happen? He is, along with Davies, possibly the best crosser from our huge batallion of wingers. I hope he plays on Thursday.

14. Cottager58

Cottager58 Well-Known Member

Great find Fulhamish. What a lot of goalkeepers; what an even bigger lot of midfielders; what a little lot of fullbacks.

But you'd expect a dig like that from me. I suspect the boss will at some point play Senderos at fullback, as Hughes did at the end of last season. Hang on though doesn't that mean 3 RFBs and no LFB ...... ? I know, Duff's left footed and probably could do with a run out to get match fit ..... ?? Who knows ... ???

15. fulhamish1977

fulhamish1977 Member

He went to Sheffield Utd on loan in the January transfer window but is back with us now.

16. Penguin

Penguin Member

Apparently Dembele is out for 2 weeks with an ankle injury (or possibly missed his flight home from somewhere warm and sunny!)

17. frogman27

frogman27 Member

Evening all. Like Captain I am surprised that Danny Hoeson is not in that squad. According the Fulham Chronicle, Dalle Valle should start tomorrow. Peniket is a big lad so be interesting to see how he copes at this level. I think he has attracted some interest, from West Brom, so could be one to watch. I would love to see Karim Frei and Alex Smith get a run out. Shame Dembele is going to be out, cannot wait to see him play under Martin Jol, who I think will get the most out of him.

18. Captain Morgan

I'm glad you mentioned Peniket, Froggy. When I looked this morning the only strikers were Zamora, AJ, Dembele and LDV. I've just looked again, and Smith, Arthurworry and Marsh-Brown also seem to have been added from what I saw. Did I somehow miss them last time, or has the list changed?

19. WhatDoesWoyWant?

Peniket has been added up front as well

It's definately been updated

20. Captain Morgan

Thanks for the confirmation, WDWW. It's good to know I'm not losing my faculties. Well, it's good to know that this isn't further evidence for me losing my faculties, anyway.