1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Eto'o

Discussion in 'Everton' started by Tobes, Aug 26, 2014.

1. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Looks like he's about to join us, on a sensible salary (£55k plus bonuses I hear) subject to a medical.

I never thought I'd see the day that Samuel Eto'o graced the Royal Blue of Everton. In his prime he was one of my favourite players, a goalscorer who was also a complete player.

Now @ 33, he's in the twilight of his career, but still managed 9 PL goals in 16 starts last season. He'll be a great asset on and off the pitch imo.

Here's hoping there's no last minute glitches and he can make his debut vs Chelsea at the weekend <ok>

2. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Younger than Barry (15 days) <ok>

I was practially in #meltdown at the idea of him being linked to us, he's such a horrible ****, but debuting and getting something against Chelsea would be the best possible contribution he could make in the PL <ok>

3. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

I think he's a good signing, I quite liked him for us last season. He's great to have as a backup option to Lukaku.

4. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Having Eto'o as a reserve striker is beyond boss.

5. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Do you reckon Lukaku and Naismith are first choice then? Wondering whether to keep Naismith in my FF team.

6. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

On current form Naismith will keep his place. Lukaku will remain our first choice striker.

Eto'o will be breathing down his neck though, some proper competition for the big lad.

7. Drogs

Drogs Well-Known Member

Fair dos. Can't be bad for his development either having Eto'o there.

8. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Bizarre that they're going to end up competing at Everton, when his arrival at Chelsea sparked Lukaku's departure to us on loan.

9. GazFormidable

GazFormidable Active Member

I liked Eto'o for us too. Obviously not what he was a few years ago but still has plenty to offer. I'd go as far as saying he's the best tactical forward i've ever watched, Lukaku will learn a lot IMO.

10. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I'm really looking forward to watching him.

Saha was a much underated player in that regard in his day. He was often way ahead of the players around him in terms of his vision and thought process.

11. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Signed, 2 year deal.

Samuel Eto'o at Everton? ****ing lol

12. Justovertheline

Justovertheline Well-Known Member

I think with the Europa league to contend with he's a good addition even though he's kicking on a bit:biggrin:

Huge LOL @ Astro who I NOTICED IN THE VIEWING THREAD BOX AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE spying on the match thread v Man City but couldn't bear to comment until It had quietened down late last night but as soon as he thinks everyone has forgotten last night comes from behind his rock to chops and wum lol lol

13. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

He went missing in action as soon as the dry humping commenced :)

Anyway, Eto'o ffs, Eto'o ! At Goodison lol

14. Justovertheline

LoL fairplay he's by far the biggest tool I have ever known a forum to have :biggrin:

To be fair tho he's getting closely followed by a few over there these days I noticed a few of the tidy LFC boys don't seem to post much now perhaps they are sucked off by the Influx of Liverbulbs?

Like I said I know he's getting on a bit but I think he will do well for us Its not like he's going to be expected to do 90mins every match

15. Justovertheline

Aww Astro has been and given me a hashtag down the bottom ha ha :biggrin:

16. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

Sorted :)

I see you clashed with him and his new mate on their board <laugh>

His mate is another bulb, he said he was off to the City match last week and then about 45 mins before KO he made a snide post about Eto'o coming to us - so I told he was late leaving like.......so he then proceeded to tell me he was at the ground (of course you'd be posting about Everton while on the concourse at City) and then made a half time report "from the Etihad" <laugh> the massive twat. He then just happened to leave his 'smart phone' logged in to the site (via 3 G of course) for most of the 2nd half <laugh>. Hilarious.

17. Justovertheline

I noticed his new friend lol:biggrin:

He was definitely hiding I was ready to tear the chopsy t**t a new arsehole but he wouldn't come out his name was popping In and out In the viewing thread window but he wouldn't say a bean when the vultures were there but the minute you start this thread for example he Is the first t**t to respond he Just cant help himself?

Had all the logged In s**te off astrotalkshoite last night lol but as above name kept popping In and out of the viewing thread window ha ha his pc or tablet etc must have been logging him In and out on Its own...:biggrin:I cant believe some bulbs over there back him up :biggrin:

I had to put some text above In bold so when he reads this later he may understand more lol

His new mate says he should log out etc when he's done as I'm a stalker ha ha they have to be In their last week of the school hols surely?

As for PMK backing the twonk up surely??

18. Peej

Peej Fabio Borini Lover

Jo, Denis Stracqualursi, James McFadden.....

How times have changed for little old Everton. He offers somehing we lack, a global name. Sure he will be a hit in Bobbys team and just goes to show that we have a plan under the manager and are moving towards his goals. Think what Long and Lukaku can learn from someone who has done it all in club football

19. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Good signing he really adds strength to your squad. Can see you lot doing well again this season.

Hopefully not too well though. :biggrin:

20. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

A couple of years back we'd be shouting for Moyes to replace Jela with Stracq, now we'll be watching World star Eto'o coming on for our £28m 1 in 2 forward <yikes>