1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Esteban Cambiasso

Discussion in 'Leicester City' started by Proud Fox, Aug 7, 2014.

1. THE FOXES 1884

THE FOXES 1884 Well-Known Member

Both will do for a season. We´re touch QPR territory here.

2. Foxy in Foyle

Foxy in Foyle Well-Known Member

He's going to be our first signing of the January transfer window at this rate!

3. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

<whistle>

4. Jack Lesterfan

Jack Lesterfan Well-Known Member

Hahahahahaha

Everything about this post is utterly brilliant.

Grifter, where are ya lad!?

<laugh>

5. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Hahahaha priceless

6. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

That deserves a bump right there

7. Proud Fox

Proud Fox Well-Known Member

Oh Fettis

Hes on about Cambiasso btw <laugh>

8. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

... my thoughts on the potential signing of Cambiasso were out there from the first rumours ... but we were not all in accord by any means... there were several comments about his age, wages etc ... and hindsight is easy ... but what he has proven is that there is no substitute for true world class... his intelligence and professionalism have overridden any concerns about his age ... been an absolute pleasure to watch such a player in the royal blue shirt...

9. Fettis the striker

Fettis the striker Well-Known Member

There wouldn't be enough hours in a week to trawl through all the ****e you speak !

10. Lesta Gangsta

Lesta Gangsta Well-Known Member

My first thoughts about Cambiasso when he was linked with us was "why would he want what we have to offer?"

I still don't fully understand, but I'm sure glad he came. I just hope he enjoyed it enough to stay another season!

11. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

For me ... it is that Camiasso challenges himself rather than the task ... he wanted to test himself in the Prem ... I just hope he wants to see if he can take us further than merely surviving relegation threat ....

12. Lesta Gangsta

Lesta Gangsta Well-Known Member

But - I find it to believe there was no interest from other Premier League clubs. With the kind of rubbish players that always seems to get themselves cushy top-flight spot, I find it hard to believe that a top ten side didn't fancy a punt.

13. LeicesterWizard

LeicesterWizard Well-Known Member

I'd be surprised if he re-signs with us. He seemed to hold out for ages hoping someone else would come in for him.

Let's hope he does re-sign and we can put another marquee signing next to him.

14. MIAMI_FOX

MIAMI_FOX Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I agree. Im not expecting him to be here next season. Onwards and upwards though

15. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

16. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Lets not get things muddled up.

He was a punt. He'd just been released by Inter Milan who, while they may be a big club, had finished way off the pace in whats considered to be a worse league.

Esteban would have had the offers of sides in places like Qatar, The US and China for mega money but it's not a great surprise that only two Premier League clubs were interested.

Just glad that he's a true professional. He chose the destination more likely to offer him 'one last shot' rather than 'one last paycheck'. He's been a credit to his sport. Hope he stays as a player/coach. He's irreplaceable witout shelling out 15m+.

17. FosseFilberto

Forum Moderator

I'd agree with most of this ... a couple of posts above were suggesting that he delayed signing for us initially because he was waiting to see if anybody bigger would come in for him etc ... not my thoughts at all ... by contrast I saw him as taking his time because everything had to be 'right' - nothing more sinister or devious ... this is a guy that would not have been content to go to the likes of Chelsea or Man City and not be a regular starter - why should he- he wants to play and to play a pivotal role - he has won just about everything there is to win in the game and is more than likely already completely financially secure ... so for him it is all about the opportunity to play and test himself - aqll about the challenge - in years to come the support today will be able to say with some pride that they saw Esteban Cambiasso playing for us - hopefully he will not be the only big name that has pulled on a royal blue shirt by then ... as I said at the time, his acquistion was not just a gimmick, it was a declaration of intent laying down a marker ... and the name of Leicester City will now be familiar to a far wider audience because of this and hopefully will encourage other signings ... I'm pretty sure that Andrei Kramaric would have seen Cambiasso being here as a huge positive in determining his move ...