1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Eros Pisano signs.

Discussion in 'Bristol City' started by bcfcredandwhite, Jun 27, 2017.

1. bcfcredandwhite

bcfcredandwhite Well-Known Member

City have agreed the signing of Italian defender Eros Pisano from July 1st.

The 30-year-old will join on a free transfer after his contract expires at Hellas Verona – where he won promotion from Serie B last season.
    Pisano has agreed a two-year contract at Ashton Gate to become the club’s first signing of the summer.
    Head coach Lee Johnson said: “Eros brings with him a winning mentality, having just won promotion with Verona. He's a tough cookie and that's what we’re after in that position; resilience and strength to go along with the good young players – Zak Vyner and Taylor Moore – already competing in that place.
    “He’s strong physically, 6ft 1in tall and will add goals to us as well. It's great to have a big full back. His style is aggressive but he's also very athletic. He's competent on the ball, using it well and gets up and down the right side.”
    Pisano has played his football exclusively in his home country, having come through the youth setup at Varese.
    He made 180 appearances for Varese, with a brief loan spell at Pisa in between, before switching to Palermo in 2011 for €1.85m.
    During a four-year stint Pisano helped the team win Serie B in 2014. He also spent time on loan at Genoa, before making a permanent move to Verona in February 2015.
    Last season Verona bounced straight back to the top flight in Italian football after finishing runners-up in Serie B.
    Pisano will now be looking forward to testing himself in English football.

I wonder why he didn't stay and play in Serie A with the team he helped get promoted - maybe not good enough?

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  2. Supcon72

Supcon72 Well-Known Member

Can't be worse than Adam Matthews, surely?

We needed a RB, so now we have one, time to move onto the rest of the areas identified for improvement. I think the next couple of weeks we will see 2-3 more come in as players return from holidays.

3. smhbcfc

smhbcfc Well-Known Member

On paper looks a decent signing - the proof of the pudding .......................

4. invermeremike

invermeremike Well-Known Member

We can only judge him when he's played a few games but to be honest not the signing I was expecting with my morning coffee.

5. wizered

wizered Ol' Mucker
    Staff Member

It seems a good signing to me, mature, skillful, confident and Italian, got to be good in defence, I've got to say a positive move.

please log in to view this image

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017
  6. Angelicnumber16

Angelicnumber16 Well-Known Member

So he's swapping Serie A for a potential bunch of strugglers in the Championship......?

Sorry, but I smell a rat

7. johngalleyfan2

johngalleyfan2 Well-Known Member

Maybe he expected more in his wage packet, was out of contract and what if anything that was offered was not enough plus he maybe thought a challenge in a country that is better off than Italy was a good thing as a 2 year deal takes him to end of Brexit!!!!!