1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Prediction League EPL - Early Season Prediction (Before Preseason KO)

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by StanDMan, Jul 15, 2017.

1. AKCJ

AKCJ Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

My brief prediction.
    1. Man City - Think they'll do it this year. Especially if they get Sandro
    2. Chelsea - Morata is a good signing, they won't drop off too much.
    3. Man United - They'll get into the top 4 properly this year.
    4. Spurs - I think they'll drop off of the title race this year but will remain top 4.
    5. Arsenal - I don't think they've done enough to get into the top 4, yet.
    6. Liverpool - This could change massively but their defence is still tragic. Salah and Mane will score no end.
    7. Everton - Some cracking signings so far. I expect it will be a top 7. They won't be too far behind Liverpool.
    8. Leicester - Will be close between us and Southampton for "best of the rest". Went for us because bias.
    9. Southampton - I think they're a goalscorer and keeping hold of VVD away from finishing well above us.
    10. West Ham - Hernandez and Hart are clever signings.
    11. Bournemouth - Eddie Howe will continue and will finish comfortably mid-table.
    12. Palace - De Boer is a clever man but you can't polish a turd, will take a season or two to get them going.
    13. West Brom - Pulis is a ****er.
    14. Newcastle - They'll be fine but nothing special.
    15. Swansea - They'll lose Sigurdsson but I think they'll be fine.
    16. Stoke - They've lost a few key members of their dressing room. Stokies I know are worried.
    17. Brighton - Reckon they'll stay up. Just.
    18. Huddersfield - I reckon they'll go down but I think they'll have a go.
    19. Burnley - I think their time is up.
    20. Watford - I think they're in trouble. Their squad is dire.

StanDMan likes this.
  2. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

1. Chelsea - they've added quality to their squad so far, not sold Costa yet, if they keep him they'll win it again.
    2. City - Pep will run Chelsea closer than Spurs did, much more competitive season but players will have a blip.
    3. Man United - Griezmann would have made the difference, Lukaku won't make any difference replacing Zlatan. Not enough done but no Thursday football.
    4. Arsenal - If they bomb off the Europa early-doors, they will finish top 4.
    5. Spurs - Back to the drawing board for Spurs, apple cart has been rocked, stage fright at Wembley for a few players, Poch will blame big clubs with money.
    6. Everton - No big strides made this season but the overall quality of the football much better, fancy them to have a good go at a cup.
    7. Liverpool - Oh dear, Klopp having 14/15 all over again. Injuries, poor form, maybe next year.
    8. West Ham - Early sacking for Bilic and they'll fetch in somebody to get them firing and looking good.
    9. Southampton - Not enough ambition again, as you were Saints.
    10. Leicester - Players are not interested in playing for Shakespear, another sacking and another disappointing season for them.
    11. West Brom - Another solid season but with little to show for it.
    12. Palace - Players are decent enough but the manager is found wanting.
    13. Bournemouth - No struggle for Defoe this year, plenty of points on the board by April.
    14. Stoke - Relegation fodder for large parts, a sacking will reinvigorate the boring club and keep them where they don't belong.
    15. Huddersfield - The suprise package of the season.
    16. Burnley - Dyche has them scoring plenty but leaky at the back, scrape survival.
    17. Swansea - The new Sunderland
    18. Watford - Piss poor team, stupid owners, lucky to finish 18th.
    19. Newcastle - ambition is the key again, will try to do it cheap... straight back down, fat waiter will walk.
    20. Brighton - Debt clearing exercise, no ambition. Waste.

StanDMan likes this.
  3. StanDMan

StanDMan Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Thanks Bod for adding your valuable opinion without calling names <laugh>

Bodinki likes this.
  4. Bodinki

Bodinki You're welcome
    Forum Moderator

You know I love ya really.
    But you are still mental <laugh>

StanDMan likes this.
  5. FosseFilberto

FosseFilberto Pizzeria Superiore and some ...
    Forum Moderator

United will be a lot better than last season. I think it will be a 3 horse race for the title between them, Chelsea and City although IMHO unless City add some real defensive quality they would be the outsiders of the 3.

Spurs, Arsenal and Liverpool will contest fourth - I'm not convinced by the current hype about Everton personally and see them as more likely battling with us and possibly Southampton and A.N Other for seventh to tenth. Spurs can't afford to stand still because the other in the top 6 are all strengthening.

Saints season will depend a lot on who goes in the transfer window.

Swansea will likely survive given the type of football they play - and provided they do not lose all of their key players.

The teams that have come up will find it very tough - including Newcastle, although they will be able to recruit more expensively.

West Brom and Stoke will survive ...but nobody will enjoy playing them. <laugh>

West Ham will either challenge for a top ten berth or could find themselves in the relegation dog fight <doh> - one of the hardest to call for me.

As for my own team ... there is a certain irony in @Tel 's post that we will have a disappointing season and finish tenth!. ... if not for the season before last, Leicester fans would have snapped the hand off for such comfortable survival <laugh>. For me, really pleased with our transfer business so far and hoping that we might just upset the apple cart again - not in terms of the title but in terms of where it will end up. Hoping that we might turn out to be a value each-way bet for a European place, either through the league or one of the cups - certainly looking forward to the season. :cool:

StanDMan likes this.