1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread End Of The Ride Chairboys v Ewes 06May17

Discussion in 'Wycombe' started by Guywanderer, May 5, 2017.

1. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

<wah><wah><wah> **** it!! :steam:

2. mowgli1960

mowgli1960 Well-Known Member

Col U missing out as well makes it a bit easier <laugh><laugh><laugh> <party><party>

Ron likes this.
  3. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Made my day. Well done Carlisle <laugh>

4. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Nearly but not quite. Unlucky lads but you did all you could do on the last day by winning your game. I suspect you could point to one of two games that would have made the diference as we all could but there isn't much point doing that. We are going to have to listen to Pompey and especially Wooperts rabbiting on for the next god knows how long. Good job I'm half deaf and stupid.:emoticon-0148-yes:<applause>

Ron likes this.
  5. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

That was one thing I did'nt expect Pompey winning the league & even doing it in style, & Doncaster imploding like they did. As you say Greeny we can all look at games & what cost us the games against the bottom sides the three teams who finished above Newport we managed 5pts out of a possible 18. On the up side we have a squad already signed for next season & we did'nt lose 3-0 at home like Stevenage managed to do.

Guywanderer and Ron like this.
  6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I think this season in league 2 has been the hardest and weirdest I've seen since we got here. The amount of teams that put runs together and then went off the radar is unbelievable. Even Doncaster did the unthinkable in the end. I said on a post on the Pompey site that it would be sods law if the team least likely to ended up on top and so it turned out.

Wycombe themselves went on a run and fell away again only to start a comeback for a second go. Perhaps they needed to start that run a couple of games prior to the actual one they did. It's hard though with so many others doing the same thing. Don't want to sound billy big bollox as that's not my style. But I do think the 3 sides that seemed most probable at the start ended up lasting out to the end. I never ever take anything for granted though and it was a slog that's for sure. Not sure who the favourites will be for next term. Coventry might have been once but I am totally unsure where they are heading. So, up for grabs for me and no reason why Wycombe can't be in there fighting their corner. I will be back to check on you lot frequently so you will have to read my crap and haven't got away with it just yet.

Guywanderer and Ron like this.
  7. Guywanderer

Guywanderer Well-Known Member

Well the ride is over lots of ups and downs and we finished where we should have as they say the table at the end of the season never lies I've recovered from Saturday and surprisingly it was a good game as far as I can remember I enjoyed the atmosphere any way roll on next season<cheers>

8. philhythe

philhythe Well-Known Member

As you say Greeny some odd teams this year Exeter never won at home for months & Pompey only topped the table on the last day. For next season if Luton win the play-offs it could be even tighter next year. Coventry could be the only biggish club in our league next season. I was surprised to see Blackpool only managed a crowd of under 4,000 where as everywhere else seemed to have very good crowds.