1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Elliott Bennett

Discussion in 'Brighton' started by bedfordcanary, Jun 3, 2011.

1. bedfordcanary

bedfordcanary Well-Known Member

Hey All, Norwich fan in peace here.

It seems we have had a bid for Bennett accepted (Just over £1m with add ons). A few questions:

1)What do you guys think of him?

2)Is he worth the money we would be paying?

3)Can he cut it in the prem?

Hope you do well in the Championshp! Id love for you to do what we did and get back to backs You took everyone by suprise winning League 1 by so much (same as we took everyone by suprise this year in the Champ I guess). Iv always liked Poyet as a player and it seems he is a good manager as well.

PS thanks for Crofts! What a signing he was!

2. Sergei Gotsmanov

Lots of rumours but nothing official announced yet. In answer to your questions:

1) He was a very good player for us. Had a storming start to last season but was a bit unsettled by the talk of a move to you in Jan. Would be more disappointed to lose him than Glenn Murray. Not sure if he is better than what you have.
    2) I would have thought that he was worth more than 1m. Would have been hoping for 1.5-2m but as he is unproven at a higher level i guess its hard to get that much
    3) Really not sure. That said I didn't think Crofts would make the step up for you last season and we all know now how good he was. He has a lot of pace and a decent delivery but how he will do against Prem defenders is a big question mark. Think he should have had a go in theChampionship before making the step up to the Prem. It could well be a case of going too far too soon.

I hope he does well for you as have nothing against him or Norwich. Nice ground, nice fans and decent football. Good luck for net season and hopefully we'll see you soon (2-3 years in reckon...assuming you stay up!)

3. Marcel-Marcelle

Marcel-Marcelle New Member

1.) Bloody love him. In terms of talent i'd say the most talented player we've had since Zamora. Can play right wing, Behind the strikers & has covered at right back a couple of times in the past too.

2.)Think £1.5 mil is about right for a player who's untested at any level above League One.

3.) Personally i think he can be the next Matt Jarvis or Michael Kightly who was storming it before his long term injury.

Good luck for next season, It seems Lambert is being very astute with his signings & i'd really like to see you guys do well.

4. Walsh.i.am

Walsh.i.am Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Cheers, guys. Your new stadium looks awesome - hope you can turn it into a fortress rather like Swansea did at the Liberty last season <ok>

If Benno does leave, at least your (well deserved) promo last season will make it easier for you to attract a high calibre replacement. Good luck next term.

5. Sergei Gotsmanov

Looks like we already have Will Buckley from Watford lined up as a replacement.....sounds like a decent player with Championship experience at a good club so all in all a good bit of business.