1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

El-Hadji Ba

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Teessidemackem, May 1, 2015.

1. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

EL-HADJI Ba admits he is unsure whether he still has a future at Sunderland.Midfielder Ba joined French top flight side Bastia on a season-long loan last summer, with a view to a permanent switch, just a year after joining Sunderland from Le Havre.

The 22-year-old, who had impressed for Sunderland during pre-season, started seven games for Bastia before breaking his leg last October, which kept him sidelined for six months.

Ba is now back in full training and in contention to feature in the final few games of the French season after spending the first part of his recovery back at the Academy of Light, but says he is in the dark over what lies beyond that.

“I don’t know what is going to happen. In football, you can never fix your plans,” said Ba.

“My main focus has been on recovering from injury.

“If I can play in one or two of the remaining matches and train fully, I will welcome that after my injury.

“Sunderland are a good club and I enjoyed the year I spent there. It went well.

“But it depends on what happens over the next few months with the clubs, the negotiations and the coach.

“I am happy to be back training and playing, and will continue with my rehabilitation plan.”

Ba made a goalscoring debut in last season’s FA Cup third round victory over Carlisle and then started the win over Kidderminster in the following round.

But then head coach Gus Poyet didn’t use Ba during Sunderland’s escape from the drop - the France Under-20 international only making his Premier League bow in the meaningless final day game against Swansea.

“The Premier League is the best competition in the world and as a footballer, you want to play in it,” added Ba to the French media.

“I learned a lot there, with a great experience at a great club.

“The facilities are fantastic and the people are always supportive.

“I worked hard, but unfortunately I couldn’t get back in the team.

“Gus Poyet had not been at the club long, and the first match he gave me, I scored a goal. But then I did not play much more.

“But that was his decision and I always accept the coach’s decision.”

rokerparka likes this.
  2. Blunham Mackem

Blunham Mackem Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Forgot all about him

Gil T Azell likes this.
  3. grimsby mackem

grimsby mackem Well-Known Member

Well in a couple of months he'll have a new manager and possibly (but hopefully not) a new league to play in so if he stays he might get his chance.

4. Teessidemackem

He was one of our best players pre season, I wish he'd stayed. He'd have done a better job than Jack I bet!

Gil T Azell likes this.
  5. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

You can;t be talking about Jack "0 out of 10 against us" Colback can you?

6. Teessidemackem

Him aswell, but no I meant Rodwell

7. The Relic

The Relic Well-Known Member

It would tell us more if we knew who loaned him out in the first place - Congerton or Poyet.

8. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

I'm sure I read at the time it was by player request and he wants to leave the club permanently.

The Relic likes this.
  9. The Relic

The Relic Well-Known Member

Now that would be interesting - because he's now completely contradicting himself. Could it be a personal issue between him and Poyet, as it was with young Celustka? Perhaps Poyet's departure is behind this. If that is the case, over to Congerton.

10. Brian Storm

Brian Storm Well-Known Member

Can't find the story but I must stress, it was speculative and contained no quotes.

The Relic likes this.

11. Teessidemackem

Roberge is another player due back from loan aswell from Reims. They obviously don't like the look of him cause he's only made 8 appearances this season and I don't think hes been injured at all.

12. Nordic

Nordic Well-Known Member

What's Leann got to do with it?